X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well damn......all good things must come to an end

I have been on Ebay 16 years and I just got my first negative feedback. I'm still not quite sure what the issue was as he didn't say anything to me but he complained to Ebay the plant I sent was just 2" tall. and should have been a foot tall. Now I am not perfect by any means. I once sent a ebay customer (who is also a member here, right Greg?) the wrong plant....he could tell it was wrong as the wrong name was written on the side. But I fixed it and he gained an extra plant. I once had a plant that I was holding for a customer over winter croak and it took me MONTHS to get him a replacement airlayer but I did and he had the patience of a saint. Had a plant get cooked in a mailbox, also is a member here and I replaced it. Had the postal service snap a Noir De barbentane and I would have replaced it but it grew back. I will admit the negative feedback really bugs me....
    Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Sorry to see this.
    Kinda sucks that the buyer didn't try to contact you. It would've had a better outcome for both parties.

Comment

Is there any appeal process?
      Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Comment

Wills how do I find you on ebay? Might want to buy something there.
        Alpine, Texas 4500ft elevation Zone 7
        http://growingfruit.org/

Comment

• WillsC
          WillsC commented
          Editing a comment
          I am willscfigs on ebay. Don't have anything on at the moment but will later tonight.

Sorry Wills If you send me something nice I will adjust my feedback. Ebay pretty much always sides with the buyer from my experience, there is an appeal process but probably not worth your aggravation.
        Phil North Georgia Zone 7 Looking for: All of them, and on and on,

Comment

Not you Phil, the guy is in Tampa......so close by. He is foreign I am guessing. I have requested a picture of the plant but he has not sent anything yet.
          Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

People are the hardest animals to please.
            Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

Damn.. That is terrible to hear Wills! I for one know 1st hand how much care you take with the trees you sell on Ebay! I was amazed with the way you packaged the two I received from you just a few weeks ago! Not so much as a crinkled leaf on either one upon arrival! You obviously go the extra mile, that's plain to see. By the way both of my plants are growing like crazy & I couldn't be happier with the purchase! Can't believe the buyer just up & left that negative feedback & didn't even contact you first to give you a chance to make him happy! On top of that you have a measurement stick next to each plant you have up on auction! So not sure why he thought he was suppose to get a taller tree than he received...That just sounds way off, and 100% wrong.. Very upsetting, I'm so sorry to hear this.
              My Plant Inventory: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...HZcBjcsxMwQ7iY

Rooted Cuttings Available 2021:
              https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...fxsT1DuH8/edit

Comment

Don't you hate when they don't even try to resolve before leaving feedback? Some people are just stubborn. If they don't care to communicate, I'd block them.
                Frank ~ zone 7a VA

Comment

Always remember Cugino... Could be worse...

Like young Frankenstein with gene wilder... "Could be worse.....could be raining"
                  Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
                  1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
                  2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

Sorry to hear you were treated that way. Although I am new to the forum, I'm not new to eBay. I've had a few problems with orders before over the years, but I always contact the seller first to try and work things out before damaging their reputation. eBay even discourages leaving negative feedback for sellers without trying to resolve things. Please don't let it discourage you, they're still plenty of good people around who value you and what you do. Good luck to you and future transactions.

Comment

I would open a case with eBay if possible. One negative out of countless positives. That would drive me nuts. Especially since you did nothing wrong.
                      Travis
                      Pittsburgh, pa

Comment

Sorry to hear Wills. Maybe the "man?" Has an agenda! His real intention was to damage your rep? Don't lose sleep over it boss. In the end your good record with your real customers will overcome.

Comment

[QUOTE=WillsC;n47190]Now I am not perfect by any means. I once sent a ebay customer (who is also a member here, right Greg?) the wrong plant....he could tell it was wrong as the wrong name was written on the side. But I fixed it and he gained an extra plant. QUOTE]

That bites Wills. I can understand how frustrating that is to sellers like yourself who go the extra mile. It was a nice extra plant that Wills let me keep. I'm sure everyone here knows it, but just in case...Wills is on the short list of sellers you know is 100% safe to work with and will make sure you have a good experience. No worries about getting the right plant.
                          Greg, Maine, zone 5. Wish List: Green Michurinska

Comment

As someone who has sold hundreds of thousands of dollars of product online though various sites, don't worry about it.
                            I would not put to much thought or concern into it, as some people you will be unable to please, even if you paid them to take the product. As long as you know you made an honest effort and make good on any issue that may arise, you will succeed. The scammers and wheelers and dealers don't last long in this business and the big players ( Ebay and Amazon ) have no mercy on them.
                            Rhode Island - Zone 7A

Comment

Very VERY few folks have no negative feedback. There's always someone who complains. Makes you lose a little faith in humanity. Still, 16 years? I didn't know know ebay had been around that long, so kudos for maintaining that streak!
                              Brett in Athens, GA zone 7b/8a

Comment

Don't worry about it. This time next year you will be back to 100% rating as the feedback is based on a years worth of trades.

Some folks really are brain dead. Their expectations always far exceed reality. They probably saw that the top of the plant in your picture measured at the 11" mark and never considered that the tree pot was 9". It's just how stupid and ignorant some people are.

You always ship healthy plants which are packed in a 1st class manor. As far as ebay sellers and shippers you are among the best.
                                Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

Wills,

I have had great experiences with you. Both in purchasing a plant and in acquiring cuttings. You have gone the extra mile to help me.

So, don't let one person change the way you do business. You are one of the best sellers I have interacted with. Happy Gardening

Comment

Sorry to hear that, Wills. I saw that review, sounded like he/she was the grumbly unreasonable sort who didn't even try to raise an issue before posting a bad review. Don't let it get you down, buyers seeing that will come to the same conclusion!

I can attest to Wills going above and beyond to provide healthy trees despite the pitfalls of shipping cross-country!
                                    Sarah
                                    Bay Area, CA (zone: 9B)

Comment

Wills, you can't please everyone, some people are just naturally negative or complainers. You sent me a replacement tree when it was cooked in the mailbox, which was the post office's fault for delivering it to my neighbor and you still was nice enough to replace it. Even if you wouldn't have I wouldn't have given bad feedback. Probably easier said but don't let that bother you because you do what you do well and there are a lot of miserable people out there that just aren't happy with themselves.
                                      Ryan- CenLa, zone 8a/b

Comment

When I read the title of this post, my first thought was that your new greenhouse blew down.

Comment

Hey Wills,

You can send me a wrong plant anytime...... Blahahah.

BTW, the Noir de Carombe arrived in very good condition. Thanks! I
                                          Andre
                                          Western Orange County, FL

Comment

As an update the guy is nuts. He has become so angry and i'm not sure why. I have asked him repeatedly to send me a picture of the plant that I sent that was 2" tall and so far he has refused. If I screwed up I will fix it but I don't think asking for proof is unreasonable.

Comment

• GregMartin
                                              GregMartin commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              Pictures are pretty easy to take...no need to put yourself through anything if he can't be bothered to do so little.

Originally posted by Chrisk View Post
                                            Sorry to hear Wills. Maybe the "man?" Has an agenda! His real intention was to damage your rep? Don't lose sleep over it boss. In the end your good record with your real customers will overcome.
                                            Or to get a refund and keep the plant!

Comment

• WillsC
                                              WillsC commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              Perhaps but the plant was like $7? so......

Jeez. If he won't even send you a picture of the plant, sounds fishy. Maybe this guy just wanted to score a free plant. :/ Sorry to hear it, Wills!

If eBay lets you post a reply to negative feedback, you can explain the situation for future prospective buyers...
                                            Sarah
                                            Bay Area, CA (zone: 9B)

Comment

Working...
                                            X