X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luvin My Fall Harvest Breakfast

I am really not OT here as figs were included, though they were overshadowed today and I spit most of them. I did try a Miracle berry nestled somewhere hidden in there somewhere, but it could not even make that Black Madeira up to grade. Think I harvested 7 cultivars of Kaki persimmon today and several were pure bliss. Some very late and last of the Che and Muscadines hanging around, the Last Korean Giant Asian pear and for you southerners a rock hard Keiffer pear and some Black Walnuts. This was just a sampling. I ate a Pomegranate and some Native persimmon on the spot so they did not make the photo. Love the fall such rewarding time of year.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
    Phil North Georgia Zone 7 Looking for: All of them, and on and on,

<--- beyond jealous! What a gorgeous crop!
    Zone 7a in Virginia

Comment

Nice! Kansas mug Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Looks good, I'm trying to decide whether it would be worthwhile to try growing a persimmon or two in pots.
        Calvin, Wish list is to finish working on the new house, someday.
        Bored? Grab a rake, paint roller, or a cordless drill and come over!

Comment

Nice assortment you got there, that would be an amazing breakfast!
          May the Figs be with you!
          ​​​​​

Comment

That is one beautiful looking harvest! Congrats!
            Quy
            SoCal, Zone 9b

Comment

Thanks for the kind comments.

Yes the Kansas cup. I spent the 1st 23 years of my life there, and my dad still asking when I will move back. If a decent tornado came through it could wipe out all my blood relatives except my kids.

Calvin,

In pot you would get it to fruit, I had a one shipped to me in a 4x4x10 that had 2 fruit, but long term I don't it's a going to be a happy plant in pot. If you do you might try Lotus as the rootstock which I believe has less of a taproot than either Kaki or Virginiana. Virginiana is stated the most hardy and accepting of different soil conditions I believe, but if Lotus has a more fibrous root might do better in pot? Lotus reported does have graft incompatibility with some cultivar like Fuyu I have read.

Comment

Nice spread! I hope my persimmons fruit sooner than later, I'm envious!
                https://www.figbid.com/Listing/Browse?Seller=Kelby
                SE PA
                Zone 6

Comment

What kind of tree makes that odd, flat, rectangular thing with the 50 on it and what appears to be a picture of a civil war general? I feel like I really need one of those. Can you send cuttings? :-P

Delish spread though. Really need to invest in a persimmon.
                  Brett in Athens, GA zone 7b/8a

Comment

That was on purpose. I was not going to cheapen my thread with a $1 for size reference. I asked for a $100 but in this house I am not allowed double digit bills a $5 is my limit and I had to return that $50 so no cuttings
                    Last edited by strudeldog; 11-09-2015, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X