X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT Projects

I am close to completing some projects so hopefully I can get back to figs and such. My Wife's hobbies like to eat mine. I know my northern friends are sick of snow, but it was beautiful here today and with 60s predicted next week I will not lift a shovel. Alot of finish work on the barn inside but about 3000 feet of fence down maybe 500 more feet of cross fence and I should be digging but not snow, Holes. This Spring is my big Plant out for Figs and Pomegranates. They will have to prove themselves to Mother Nature

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by strudeldog; 02-27-2015, 09:20 AM.
    Phil North Georgia Zone 7 Looking for: All of them, and on and on,

That looks like a beautiful piece of land. Good luck with your projects.
    Frank ~ zone 7a VA

Comment

Looking good! Have you considered eating her hobby as revenge?

That's what I intend to do with these dang deer.
      Last edited by Kelby; 02-27-2015, 06:01 AM.
      https://www.figbid.com/Listing/Browse?Seller=Kelby
      SE PA
      Zone 6

Comment

Only one word comes to mind: envy.
        Dale

Comment

Wow, that is something to be proud of, Phil. Very nice indeed!
          Frank Tallahasee 8B
          North Florida Figs

Comment

That's really beautiful. How much land will you be able to devote to your figs and poms?
            SoCal, zone 10.
            www.ourfigs.com Invite your friends.

Comment

What did I tell you. LoL 😃
              newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Comment

Really nice Phil. It all takes time but eventually you will get there.
                Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

Thanks for the kind comments folks. Yes Mike as normal you were right.

As far as space devoted to figs probably more than I have time to care for. I have an area in front of my place I am probably planting out around 200 figs and Poms this spring. I have a lower meadow/pasture that I could expand to or I could fence some more and try to encroach on my wife’s domain in the below picture which is from the opposite side of the original picture. Put up 10 more Blue birds boxes last weekend. Hope to get a purple Martin home up this weekend. I hope I can attract the martins here. I have never been able at other locations.

As far as eating them Kelby. There is one Blue Copper Maran Roster I have considered. He is a beautiful bird, but I have no hens of that breed presently and don’t want him mingling with my Cochin hens as want hatch some new and remain pure. I have grown softer with age, not sure I could butcher my animals as I grew up doing and sure my wife would not cook or eat him so I need to find him a home. And don’t think I could eat the spoiled babies pictured below and sure my wife would dispatch of me very quickly at even the mention.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
                  Last edited by strudeldog; 02-27-2015, 10:20 AM.
                  Phil North Georgia Zone 7 Looking for: All of them, and on and on,

Comment

Working...
                  X