X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Thoughts to those in Paris

Not sure if we have any French members, but rest assured you are in our collective thoughts. Be safe.
    Zone 7a in Virginia

So sad and frustrating what is happening right now in Paris. My thoughts are with the families of the victims

Comment

Unbelievable!!!!!
      Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

My prayer go to the families of these poor folk. So sad and heartbreaking.
        NC Zone 7a-b

Comment

Thoughts and prayers to those affected by tonight's senseless acts.
          Kevin (Eastern MA - Zone 5b/6a)

Comment

My wife's best friend is there now and we haven't been able to reach her, she's staying in a hotel right near all those incidents. Please keep her in your thoughts tonight until we hear some good news.
            May the Figs be with you!
            ​​​​​

Comment

• fitzski
              fitzski commented
              Editing a comment
              Hope you hear from her soon.

• Jaylyne
              Jaylyne commented
              Editing a comment
              prayers being sent

• BrooklynMatty
              BrooklynMatty commented
              Editing a comment
              Finally heard back from friends and they were at eiffel tower during events and are safe. Thanks everyone who put them in your thoughts and prayers. Such a sad day for everyone yesterday, such an atrocity.

Terrible. Just terrible. Absolutely no sympathy for terrorists!
            Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

Surprised? Why????? This all started 1400 years ago, and this carnage will continue to bring death and terror to innocent people until radical Islam is recognized for what it is. European history is full of these atrocities. It's called Jihad. Without leadership that is willing to proactively engage, deport, arrest, and nullify threats, it will happen all over the world, and, in the USA....again. Imagine this destruction going on in Times Square, NYC.

God help us all.

Frank

Comment

Tragic events!

Prayers to and for all.

We must stop hitting the snooze button and WAKE UP!! This is a war, always has been, always will be!!
                Wish List - Any LSU fig

Comment

Our thoughts, prayers, and hearts go out to the people of France. Today we are all French.

Solidarité
                  Greg, Maine, zone 5. Wish List: Green Michurinska

Comment

My son was enjoying a popular program on TV last week that was so revolting and disgusting, I thought: “If this is what the modern generation has come to, it would be better if global climate change ended it all in the next hundred years.” Has that ever happened to you?
                    When the incident in Paris struck, I realized I understood the terrorists and had been a jihadi myself in my judgment, damming a group of people I couldn’t understand, hating their values and what they believed in, and in my heart was as intolerant and guilty as the terrorists in Paris. It’s easy to condemn the crazy criminals who in the name of God carried out these horrible atrocities in Paris. Certainly they and all who are responsible need to be brought to justice. It’s much harder to look within and transform the jihadi judgment process that essentially wants to do the same thing, only on a different scale. If we are to heal the world, it has to start within us all.
                    Mara, Southern California,
                    Climate Zone: 1990=9b 2012= 10a 2020=?

Comment

Well thanks to you guys; I am French (not living in Paris anymore) and this is really chocking . But I am afraid it's going to continue until we retaliate. . . . So sad!

Comment

I first developed a taste for figs while studying at the Universite de Provence at Aix in the wayback times. Well, figs AND Chateauneuf du Pape. But I digress. Such a fine and proud culture. I'm really pulling for them--and for their being able to help and deal with the legitimate refugees from the Middle East and elsewhere. It is not going to be easy to do it without further radicalizing the young and largely unemployed Muslim population around Paris, AND without further radicalizing and empowering their own National Front party. Vive la France!
                        Phoenix, AZ
                        Zone 9b
                        Hot, mostly

Comment

Working...
                        X