X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green house project Before pictures

Here is some of the before pictures so you can see what has been keeping me out of trouble.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 5 photos.
    NC Zone 7a-b

This walls of the shed were pulled off which was a mess since the guy used 3" nails and through the 2" boards then pounded them down. He did this every 6". This weekend the frame was repaired and my sister and I re-sided 3 wall. The front still needs framing. The pile of wood I found was about half usable and half garbage since some of it was full of big black ants. After 3 hours with a chain saw the strap was reduced to a neat pile. The rest was re-stacked with spacers so it could dry out. Some borax should discourage the ant. Still needs a few more hours but it's getting there
    NC Zone 7a-b

Comment

Yep those pounded over nails would be a pain to deal with. Think I would use a angle grinder to cut the bent part off them all. Thank you for the pictures, I like seeing the work in progress.
      Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

thanks for sharing, look forward to the updates.

Kevin (Eastern MA - Zone 5b/6a)

Comment

Hopefully I will add some new pictures tomorrow.
          NC Zone 7a-b

Comment

Best of luck with the green house. Someday I'll be able to build one, but until then I guess I'll have to dream.

Comment

They start tomorrow... So scared and nervous. Can't wait until this is over.
              NC Zone 7a-b

Comment

Looks green...everywhere. Very different than around here (the deserts of Central Arizona). Good luck with the project. My cousins own and operate a vineyard and brewery in Andrews, I need to get out there again soon. Yes, very greeeeeeen...
                Phoenix, AZ
                Zone 9b
                Hot, mostly

Comment

Ok two women and a chain saw (two days later) they are on there way with the greenhouse and we are ready?
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                  NC Zone 7a-b

Comment

It's not tomorrow yet?
                    Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

They did not make it today. I called them about 2pm and they were still a few hours away. I guess they figured it was too dark to unload tonight. Hopefully they can start tomorrow however it is raining right now and will do so all night into the morning.
                      NC Zone 7a-b

Comment

They are here. Here we are congo lining the stuff to the site. So far the town decided to close the access road to add storm drains and my sister's car decide to die in the driveway (needed to be jumped) before we could move it so they could back in the trailer. It took us about an hour to haul everything down the driveway, through the yard, over the bridge and through the woods. Ye ha.
                        NC Zone 7a-b

Comment

that sounds fun It started to rain as the GH builders arrived? Sure it isn't Hershell building it?
                          Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

As of about 2:30 pm they are setting the posts in cement. Then as the night falls it starts looking like a greenhouse.
                            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
                            NC Zone 7a-b

Comment

Sharon,

Did you ever mention the dimensions?

Comment

Nope but I settled on 24' X 40. 175 BTU natural gas heater (hopefully after they run gas line). 6 foot straight side walls.
                                NC Zone 7a-b

Comment

We are back to work. I just unload 6 more 80lb bags of cement.
                                  NC Zone 7a-b

Comment

Looks like fun times! Where did you buy your GH from?
                                    Calvin, Wish list is to finish working on the new house, someday.
                                    Bored? Grab a rake, paint roller, or a cordless drill and come over!

Comment

Sorry so long in answering. It is an Atlas greenhouse. They are located in Georgia.
                                      So we finished on the late side (it was dark 8:30ish) The next morning I woke up to this. Yes the TV remote is in the phone charger. What was worse is I don't have a TV so I must have carried it from another room.

The greenhouse looked good however I am concerned. The printing on the greenhouse covering reads This side on inside of greenhouse. It is on the wrong side. Normally when greenhouse film has that message the do so because that side is the anti-condensation side. I called the builder and he said it didn't matter. Tomorrow I will call Atlas because I think it does. Especially since it is the roofing plastic.
                                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
                                      NC Zone 7a-b

Comment

Still haven't heard back on the plastic. Meanwhile work continues. The gas line and electric will be done next week. Here are a few pictures.
                                        Note the front has plastic still hanging down but the back doesn't.
                                        I dug a trench across the back and tucked the plastic down in it. My friend swear that it helps keep the greenhouse warmer. With this design I can't do the sides but will still mound some soil up to keep the cold air from leaking in.
                                        The front will not be finished until the electric and gas are completed.
                                        Putting down heavy nursery plastic on floor and I may add stone on top of that.
                                        Still need to add heater vent which means boxing off a section.
                                        adding channel and wiggle wire so plastic can be sealed around box (other wise the layers will not inflate).
                                        The boxed area will then be replaced with sheet metal so the vent from the heater can go out the back.
                                        More work.
                                        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
                                        NC Zone 7a-b

Comment

Nice Sharon.
                                          Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

Looks good Sharon, should serve you well.

Comment

It's a beauty, Sharon!
                                              USDA Zone 9b Wish list: Abruzzi, Pasquale, Filacciano, Tagliacozzo, Zingarella, Godfather. Any, including unknowns, from Abruzzo, Italy.

Comment

Looks great! Looks very spacious too so it should last you at least a few years before you find yourself wishing you had built a bigger one, or two.
                                                Sarah
                                                Bay Area, CA (zone: 9B)

Comment

Very nice. I bet you have a whole list of different things to grow next year. Do you have alot of potted fig trees your going to put in their for a early start. What's your plan?
                                                  Kentucky Zone 6b

Comment

Working...
                                                  X