X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this Brunswick?

I bought this fig at a local nursery, labeled as Alma - which I don't think it is. Is it a Brunswick? It produced a few figs this summer when it was raining every day and they were open eye and tasted bland. But this one was pretty good - kind of a sweet, honey taste. The figs are very large and generally have a void in the center. And this tree grows like a beast - it is so much bigger than any other I have.

I attached a representative sample of the leaf pattern - it kind of reminds me of what I have seen of Brunswick, but some of the leaves have fingers that are not that narrow.

Damn mislabeling.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

It looks like Brunswick to me. Mine has a red blush to it but I'm sure there are variations. It seems like it always rains when mine start to get ripe and they split and spoil.
    Wishlist; Green Michurinska, St. Rita
    Tony
    Sarver, PA Zone 6A.

Comment

Anyone else have an opinion on this? If this fig is not Brunswick, then I have no idea what it is.

Comment

It very well could be a Brunswick. As stated there are many variations. The one
        I had (has moved on) the fruit was more elongated and the pulp was not as
        red. The leaves were similar.
        newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Comment

Newnan - just curious, why did you get rid of your Brunswick?

Comment

Got another one form my tree - I let this one get really ripe. It is hard to tell from the pics, but this was starting to wrinkle. From what I have read, this is supposed to be a mediocre fig, but this tasted really good. Not a real complex taste, but very sweet and figgy.
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Figs looks like my Alma, not at all like a Brunswick. Great fig when left to ripen properly
              Wish List - Any LSU fig

Comment

Working...
              X