X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some greenhouse pics

how I heat, banana, fig, hydroponic tomato, lemons...
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 7 photos.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana
    Buffalo WV Z6

Good looking set up. Plan on getting a greenhouse in the spring myself. I like your heating setup. What citrus are you growing? I have oro blanco grapefruit, key lime, owari satsuma mandarin, Meyer lemon, and a lot of fig cuttings started. Chad
    Iowa Z5

Comment

• growcrazie
      growcrazie commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a owari and some meyers they have done so well I think I will get some different kinds of citrus

That looks like a very dedicated setup, sort like mechanized geothermal heating in a way. I like your list too Iowa, are any of those fruiting? I have a white grapefruit (shoddy nursery labeling), meyer lemon, persian lime and two unidentified ones and 4 figs.

Comment

• Iowafig
      Iowafig commented
      Editing a comment
      They are all 5 years now and have eaten the fruit on all of them. Just picked the limes and lemons this fall. Right now I have one grapefruit the size of a tennis ball. Waiting on the blooms to get me through the winter.

Wow. Looks like a pretty nice setup. The lemons look awesome too... i just rooted two Meyer Lemon cuttings, and I can't wait until I get fruit on them in a few years.

Comment

• bahamadan
      bahamadan commented
      Editing a comment
      How did you root those Johnny? I want to do the same with a key lime from the neighbour's tree to add to my citrus collection but I've never been successful with cuttings.

• bahamadan
      bahamadan commented
      Editing a comment
      Also pretty funny how everyone commenting is also into citrus in addition to their figs lol.

• growcrazie
      growcrazie commented
      Editing a comment
      the citrus does look better than the figs this time of year and the flowers smell wonderful( but you can't tell )

Well done. I curious about the pvc pipes running from the buckets. Would you mind explaining that setup? Thanks
    Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

• growcrazie
      growcrazie commented
      Editing a comment
      That's my hydroponic tomatoes , water goes in the top and out the bottom

It's hydroponics Jerry.
    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Grow- craziecool that's what it looks like to me!! Everything looks awesome thanks for sharing.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the photos and info...

Nice setup.
        Is that a Rocket Stove / Barrel Stove hybrid with a heated bench in front of the Bato buckets?
        Is it the only source of heat? and
        How often is it fired? Thanks.
        Pete R - Hudson Valley, NY - zone 5b

Comment

I have a rocket mass that is suppose to heat the mass but I haven't got it to work right yet. It is good to use in the day because it heats the greenhouse from the barrel and the mass around the barrel heats up. The barrel stove beside the rocket is a separate system and it has a mass around it. I also have a propane heater that is set to come on if it gets in the low 40s, I put it in there just in case something goes wrong with the wood burner or it just gets too cold outside for the wood to keep up. I also use the propane when the nights are only going to get to the high 20s. The greenhouse is partly under ground and I have a lot of mass that heats up from the sun so it takes a while to cool off.
          Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana
          Buffalo WV Z6

Comment

• AscPete
            AscPete commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the reply.
        Working...
        X