X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes To The Board & Your Comments.....Thank You!

Changes updated on 11//26/2015
    • The forum now stretches side to side and the sticky threads are a different color.
    • The stretch is permanent the rest will just be in flux so bear with us while things are under construction.
    • I resized "Go to last post" button, is now larger.
    • Font changed to Bookman 15
    • Font changed to Arial 15, ***Pls check is this better on mobile devices - TY
    • Sticky topic background color changed to highlight yellow

It is extremely helpful to be as descriptive as you can be including:
    • Page name like: Home > Forum > Figs Home
    • There are topics and posts
    • What is your comment.

If you have other items, you can email suggestions to: [email protected]
    Using the subject: Suggestions would be helpful
    Cutting sales start Nov 1 at 9PM eastern time as always at willsfigs.com

It would be nice, if the print was a little bigger.
    Ray in Columbia, SC Zone 8

Comment

Ugh. That yellow. It even looks sticky. Could we have something a little less pus & bloodish? Maybe more subtle while you're at it Thanks.
      Bob C.
      Kansas City, MO Z6

Comment

• starch
        starch commented
        Editing a comment
        More pus! More blood!

I had to in large print just to be able to read.......Ctrl and the + helps

Doug

Comment

Sometime this morning, the font became smaller?

Yes with Bob, maybe a light green or orange would be better than the yellow?
        Kevin (Eastern MA - Zone 5b/6a)

Comment

It would also be nice if a topic is removed/deleted, that the removed/deleted topic disappear from our view as well. There have been times when there are 3 and 4 deleted topics back to back and it is annoying to see them and scroll past them..
          Edward - Edgewater, Florida (Zone 9b)
          Wish List: Holy Smokes, U. Prosciutto, Ham Rham, Labritja

Comment

• WillsC
            WillsC commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm not sure what you mean?

My font didn't get smaller but changed to what looks like times roman which is harder to read.
          Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra, Rubado, Black Celeste

Comment

I hope the dark grey overtones aren't here to stay? The boards seemed much brighter before and pleasing to the eye.

Comment

• Admin IT
              Admin IT commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks....That needed to be corrected. How do they look now. In a short time the screens will all look the same. TY again.

• Admin IT
              Admin IT commented
              Editing a comment
              Now white, TY

The font was better before, on a phone is hard to read.
            USDA z 10a, SoCal. WL: Raspberry Tart, Boysenberry Blush

Comment

• Admin IT
              Admin IT commented
              Editing a comment
              We might be able darken or embolden the fonts, have it on the list. Only light font that I see on iphone is the topic Date Time stamp under user information. Is that the same on your phone? Light and dark will (hopefully) be the same regardless of the brand of phone we are using.... Let me know. TY

• WillsC
              WillsC commented
              Editing a comment
              What phone? On my edge 6 it is fine.

Thanks for making the stickies a nicer color
            Bob C.
            Kansas City, MO Z6

Comment

I view the forum almost exclusively on a tablet or phone. Because of that the serif fonts just don't work that well. I prefer something in the helvetica (no serifs) family because they're easier to read when the font size gets reduced on mobile devices. Thanks.
              Bryant...Franklin County, VA...Zone 7a. Wish List: a 32 hour day....more sleep

Comment

• DBJohnson
                DBJohnson commented
                Editing a comment
                Just a point of clarification...

Serif fonts are those that have the decorative ends on the letters and varying line widths (as if written by a quill)...like Bookman, Times New Roman, etc.

Non-serif fonts have squared or rounded ends and usually consistent line widths (as if written by a marker)...like Helvetica, Arial, Tahoma, etc.
                Last edited by DBJohnson; 11-26-2015, 09:34 AM. Reason: New board apparently doesn't recognize quote marks.

I adapt easily so I'm on board with whatever you decide to go with. Frankly, I was ok with the way it was before. I tend to focus on getting to know the peeps and reading about their experiences with figs. I also love to look at pictures of the stuff that's going on around the board.

Wills, Thanks for all you do for us.
              Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

• rusty hooks
                rusty hooks commented
                Editing a comment
                hear, hear.....me too...

The Strech looks good.
              The Resized button now works better on my IPhone.

My vote is for Arial Fonts, IMO they're "easier" to view and read.

Thanks.

Pete R - Hudson Valley, NY - zone 5b

Comment

I complained, griped, grumbled, fussed and all along it was an easy fix. Well may be not but thanks Wills
                Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

Thanks for the larger buttons!
                  Let's try the Arial now?
                  USDA z 10a, SoCal. WL: Raspberry Tart, Boysenberry Blush

Comment

Yea to the larger last post button!
                    Dave- Waterford, Ct. Zone 6a

Comment

Well I can take credit for the buttons but as far as Arial you are going to have to take that up with Admin IT...... I find all the fonts to be fine. One person will say Arial the next will say Arial is horrible use Times Roman.....so some things are just not going to suit everyone but lobby for the one you want and I know Admin IT is watching.

Comment

I'm still seeing Bookman on the iPad and iPhone. That's a minor issue in the overall scheme of things.
                        Bryant...Franklin County, VA...Zone 7a. Wish List: a 32 hour day....more sleep

Comment

I like the easy to find unsubscribe button

Doug

Comment

Is it possible to have a place where fig recipes can be added at the top. If it can be done it would be nice to have only recipes without comments clogging it up. Just a thought.
                            Wishlist; Green Michurinska, St. Rita
                            Tony
                            Sarver, PA Zone 6A.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonycm View Post
                              Is it possible to have a place where fig recipes can be added at the top. If it can be done it would be nice to have only recipes without comments clogging it up. Just a thought.
                              . This suggestion has been referred to [email protected]. See topic for more information.
                              Wish List: πŸ™πŸΌ Mavra Sika

Comment

I think look great WillsC. Nice job
                                Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
                                1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy πŸ‘ΌπŸΌ.
                                2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

Originally posted by Taverna78 View Post
                                  I think look great WillsC. Nice job

Thanks Mike but I can only take it so far as I lack the technical knowledge and have no design skills whatsoever That is why we are so lucky to have members here that have volunteered their time and vast experience to take us to the next level.

Comment

Great job on the changes!
                                    I vote for a try back on the Ariel font - I believe it was a bit easier to read.
                                    Is there a reason we don't know why this font is preferred by AdminIT?
                                    Ed
                                    SW PA zone 6a

Comment

• Admin IT
                                      Admin IT commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Yes there is a very sound reason, it was the first in my list and I didn't have to scroll when editing parameters. I have been resetting parameters for days and that eliminated having to scroll and find a font. Also, looks pretty good with its' several styles. Nothing in concrete yet, we,are not at the point where we select font etc.. There are far too many other considerations before the font/fonts are chosen.

The "Themes" skin and some others are still Arial. User settings\Account\Forum Skin

Hopefully, we'll have a couple of each in the end so people can choose the font they like.
                                    Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra, Rubado, Black Celeste

Comment

• WillsC
                                      WillsC commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Unfortunately the "themes" choices for fonts ONLY affects your own profile. Users don't get the option to change the font on the forum itself on a user by user basis....would be nice if they could but is not part of the software.
                                  Working...
                                  X