X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful Varigated panache

Has anyone here ever experienced this?
    At first, I cut panache stem and grafted to another variety, but the leaves grew into varigata..
    Could this go on permanently?

Its beautiful, and hope both the leaves and fruit keep beeing varigated
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
    ID, south east Asian region

Really nice Wenz, Harvey had a variegated one but not sure how it finished out the year.
    Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

• HarveyC
      HarveyC commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine has continued, might want to move it into my greenhouse to keep it growing all winter. It's about 4' tall now.

You are lucky. You have a Jolly Tiger.

****I have been corrected. You have a variegated Panache. Thank you Harvey for the clarification.******
    Last edited by jmaler; 11-27-2015, 07:41 AM.
    Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

• HarveyC
      HarveyC commented
      Editing a comment
      This is not a Jolly Tiger but a variegated Panache.

Jolly Tiger is a variegated version of Masui Dauphine (possibly induced by an inventor, I'm told).

• jmaler
      jmaler commented
      Editing a comment
      HarveyC, Thanks for the clarification. I have been confused for a while now.

I think tis is a beautiful tree and is last on my list to find one.
    Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
    1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
    2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

That is a nice looking plant. You are lucky as is Harvey.
      Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

Very cool!!!! Thanks for sharing Wenz.

Comment

Wow, I like it, too!
          USDA Zone 9b Wish list: Abruzzi, Pasquale, Filacciano, Tagliacozzo, Zingarella, Godfather. Any, including unknowns, from Abruzzo, Italy.

Comment

Harvey,

Thanks for the correction, so the jolly tiger is chimera from matsui dauphine?? Had bought from eBay the joly cutting but none of them have of them have varigated leave..

Is your varigated panache successfully bear fruits??
            ID, south east Asian region

Comment

• HarveyC
              HarveyC commented
              Editing a comment
              You're welcome. No fruits on my variegated Panache yet. I've kept it in my shadehouse to avoid leaf burn so it's grown more slowly. I don't expect any difference in the fruit from regular Panache.

A friend in Thailand traveled to Japan and met the inventor of Jolly Tiger (who does not like the name Jolly Tiger which apparently was started by someone else). This guy in Japan reported that the variegation was induced by human intervention (but he did not say how). He has a large collection of various variegated plants, enough to make me more than a little jealous.

Is the truck or main branch(es) of a true Jolly Tiger striped or vertically variegated, too? A chimera of Matsuri Dauphine gives us JT. Any more information out there on JT?

Comment

great pic!
              Riverside, CA

Comment

Working...
              X