X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schar Israel ripe

This is a new fig for me, unfortunately got spoiled inside so I do not know how it tastes. A large fruit with thin skin, productive. Anybody can share their experience?
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
    USDA z 10a, SoCal. WL: Raspberry Tart, Boysenberry Blush

That is a shame Igor! Hopefully next season brings a lot to try.
    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

I was so hoping for a report on this one as it's on my want list. Shame it had to go bad.
      Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

Sorry to disappoint you guys, the December ripening time is not ideal. The figs need heat, we have 70-80 during the day but the days are too short.

Comment

Green House?
          Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Scott, I would need a green house for 6 weeks per year for some odd plants only. This is the SoCal, I would rather wait a little.

Comment

Is it worth it for six weeks.... that is a personal decision. Could be fun to play with either way.

I know.... I know..... I know... So Cal!!! LOL

Some of the seeds did germinate by the way, and are growing nicely, I'll get to see them in a couple weeks.

Comment

• greenfig
                greenfig commented
                Editing a comment
                Cool! I will thank the wasps when I see them in the Spring

• COGardener
                COGardener commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah.... please do that for me!

Schar Israel was quite good......it was in the top 5 of the new varieties (100 maybe) I put in this year. Growth rate was excellent and very productive.
              Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

WillsC,

When did it begin ripening in your zone? Do you have it in a greenhouse? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by figgrower View Post
                  WillsC,

When did it begin ripening in your zone? Do you have it in a greenhouse? Thanks.

When.......I have no idea It was planted March 1 of this year and is now 5 feet tall or so and multi branched. All of my figs are grown in the ground, well I do have a few in 30 gallon pots but everything is outside, only small potted plants are in the greenhouses.
                  Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

Did anyone get any figs from this one this year?
                    Zone 7A - Philadelphia
                    Flavor Profiles & Variety List / Facebook / YouTube / Blog

Comment

It only gave me one fig this year as it is in its second leaf. It was actually pretty good. Hopefully I get some more next year.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• ross
                        ross commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Looks really tasty, Brian.

• Zuny
                        Zuny commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That looks like a nice fig. I really like the shape and color if it.

It does look good.
                      Tony, Toronto Canada USDA 4B
                      Wishlist:
                      Figue Janue, Yellow Neches, St Martain, Texas Peach.

Comment

Working...
                      X