X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to Trade Cuttings

Hello everyone,

In hopes of expanding the varieties I'm growing, I'm willing to trade some extra cuttings I have before I put everything into (for lack of a better word) a time capsule. My cuttings will stay underground until the spring, which makes this my last round of trades for the year. You can read about the method I've chosen to use here: http://figs4funforum.websitetoolbox.com/post/rooting-cuttings-underground-in-winter-4272880?pid=1290042516

Here's what I have available:

*(L) = Large - 3-5 nodes & 8 inches, (M) = Medium - 3 nodes & 6 inches, (S) = Small - 1 or 2 nodes & 4 inches

(L) Col de Dam Gris - 2 cuttings
    (L) Col de Dam Noir - 2 cutting
    (L) Smith - 2 cuttings
    (L) Dark Portuguese - 1 cutting
    (L) Osborne Prolific - 2 cuttings
    (L) VdB - 4 cuttings
    (L) Stella - 1 cutting
    (L) Verte - 4 cuttings
    (L) LSU Scott's Black - 2 cuttings
    (L) Battaglia Green - 2 cuttings
    (L) JH Adriatic - 4 cuttings
    (L) Lyndhurst White - 4 cuttings
    (L) Verdone - 3 cuttings
    (L) Gino's Black - 1 cutting
    (L) California Brown Turkey - 1 cutting
    (L) Acciano - 1 cutting
    (L) Atreano - 2 cuttings
    (L) Peter's Honey - 2 cuttings
    (L) Salem Dark - 1 cutting
    (L) Hunt - 1 cutting
    (L) Takoma Violet - 2 cuttings
    (L) Nero 600m - 1 cutting
    (L) Keddie - 1 cutting
    (L) St. Rita - 1 cutting
    (L) Natalina - 1 cutting
    (L) Sucrette - 1 cutting
    (L) Verdal Longue - 1 cutting
    (M) Galbun - 4 cuttings
    (M) LSU Hollier - 4
    (M) Strawberry Verte - 3 cuttings
    (M) Hardy Chicago - 1 cutting
    (M) Kathleen's Black - 3 cuttings
    (M) Malta Black - 2 cuttings
    (M) Bari - 2 cuttings (On the condition that you don't sell this variety)
    (M) Raspberry Latte- 1 cutting
    (S) LSU Champagne - 1 cutting
    (S) White Triana - 1 cutting
    (S) Carne Don Celia - 1 cutting
    (S) RdB - 4 cuttings
    (S) Emerald Strawberry - 2 cuttings
    (S) Brooklyn White - 1 cutting

Lastly, I have 2 cuttings of Angelo's Unknown.. This is not Angelo's Dark. A friend of mine gave me cuttings of his tree. I told him I'd grow it and find out what it is. Here's his description and pictures: https://www.facebook.com/jhsat/posts...47?pnref=story

If I've already traded with you, and you see something you want... message me, and I'll ship the cuttings you want for the cost of postage.

Please note that these are all cuttings that I've purchased, and are not pruned directly from my own trees. I've either successfully rooted these varieties or I have received these as extras or multiples from generous sellers. I will NOT be selling these--please only inquire if you've got something to trade. In the meantime, they're stored away in my fridge.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

-Ross
    Zone 7A - Philadelphia
    Flavor Profiles & Variety List / Facebook / YouTube / Blog

That's quite the list Ross, what are you looking for?
    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

It really is... I have a lot of people to thank once all these get to 1 gallon size.

Genovese Nero, Galicia Negra, Barada & Martinenca Rimada are my longshots. Also interested in Nordland (I gave the few I had away), Danny's Delight, Bass or Belleclare varieties... really anything for colder climates that I'm not currently rooting.
      Zone 7A - Philadelphia

Comment

ross I have Marseilles vs ,and a very large purple fig for trade they get well over 100 grams
        the Marseille ripens very earl here in new jersey

Comment

• Taverna78
          Taverna78 commented
          Editing a comment
          What is taste of big fig??

• ross
          ross commented
          Editing a comment
          bigfig,

I'm currently rooting MSVS. Sorry! The purple fig sounds interesting though. What is it?

Looking to make 1 or 2 more trades this winter. A big thank you to everyone that I've traded with thus far. This is what I have left to offer.

*(L) = Large - 3-5 nodes & 8 inches, (M) = Medium - 3 nodes & 6 inches, (S) = Small - 1 or 2 nodes & 4 inches

(L) Smith - 2 cuttings
        (L) Dark Portuguese - 1 cutting
        (L) Valle Negra - 1 cutting
        (L) Mavra Sika - 1 cutting
        (L) Osborne Prolific - 2 cuttings
        (L) VdB - 4 cuttings
        (L) Verte - 4 cuttings
        (L) LSU Scott's Black - 2 cuttings
        (L) JH Adriatic - 4 cuttings
        (L) Lyndhurst White - 2 cuttings
        (L) Verdone - 3 cuttings
        (L) Gino's Black - 1 cutting
        (L) California Brown Turkey - 1 cutting
        (L) Acciano - 1 cutting
        (L) Atreano - 2 cuttings
        (L) Peter's Honey - 2 cuttings
        (L) Salem Dark - 1 cutting
        (L) Hunt - 1 cutting
        (L) Takoma Violet - 2 cuttings
        (L) Nero 600m - 1 cutting
        (L) Natalina - 1 cutting
        (L) Sucrette - 1 cutting
        (M) Galbun - 4 cuttings
        (M) LSU Hollier - 4
        (M) Strawberry Verte - 1 cutting
        (M) Hardy Chicago - 1 cutting
        (M) Malta Black - 2 cuttings
        (M) Raspberry Latte- 1 cutting
        (S) LSU Champagne - 1 cutting
        (S) White Triana - 1 cutting
        (S) RdB - 4 cuttings
        (S) Emerald Strawberry - 2 cuttings
        (S) Brooklyn White - 1 cutting

Lastly, I have 2 cuttings of Angelo's Unknown.. This is not Angelo's Dark. A friend of mine gave me cuttings of his tree. I told him I'd grow it and find out what it is. Here's his description and pictures: https://www.facebook.com/jhsat/posts...47?pnref=story
        Zone 7A - Philadelphia

Comment

Fabio heres a pic of the fig they get well over 100 grams and does well here in new jersey the one my mother is holding was the size of a pear she ate it before I got to weigh it.
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
          Last edited by bigfig; 12-13-2015, 04:40 AM.

Comment

• Taverna78
            Taverna78 commented
            Editing a comment
            Woaw!! Okay okay I need tis one! Ahahaha ha!!! You have cutting or tree to sell me or trade something?
            How big is mother tree?

Hi Ross
          I have one small tree of the Makedonia Dark variety that I purchased early last summer directly from Bass (I'm lucky he only lives 10 mins away from me). It has not yet fruited for me, but Bass said it is very good and known to be cold hardy. I would only be able to take one smallish cutting for you( if you are even interested) but I would try to get you three nodes.. It just wouldn't be very long though. Let me know if you are interested
          My Plant Inventory: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...HZcBjcsxMwQ7iY

Rooted Cuttings Available 2021:
          https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...fxsT1DuH8/edit

Comment

• ross
            ross commented
            Editing a comment
            I am definitely interested, Jamie, but I would hate to take growth off such a small tree. Lets trade in the spring/summer instead? By then I'll have plants rather than cuttings for trade, and maybe by the end of the summer you'll have enough growth for an air layer! Let me know if that works, Jamie.

Also, Bethlehem is pretty close to me as well. It's amazing how many people apart of this community live in the area.

• Jamie0507
            Jamie0507 commented
            Editing a comment
            That actually makes much more sense than for me to try & take a teeny cutting off the tree now Especially since we must live pretty close to each other, we can definitely do your airlayer suggestion! I did that on an MBVS I bought from Bass last summer & it did amazing! (While the green cutting I also took from the same plant kicked the bucket rather quickly lol!) so yes let's definitely do this next spring/summer time frame.. Sounds like a plan!

Fabio please pm me your address I will send you 2 cuttings (on me) you helped me cover my trees now I can pay you back

Comment

• Taverna78
            Taverna78 commented
            Editing a comment
            Aye! GRAZIE!! I message you!
        Working...
        X