X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tea tree oil for mold on cuttings?

So, I was searching a couple days ago for some antibacterial soap to treat a couple cuttings for some mold growing on them. My wife asked what I needed soap for, then scoffed a bit when I told her. She suggested using tea tree oil, since that is how we "naturally" treat a lot of ailments in my household. It had never dawned on me the anti fungal properties of tea tree oil might make it perfect for mold on fig cuttings, but I'm happy to say, it's been at least 3 days now and all the cuttings have no signs of mold anymore (although I did catch it fairly early).

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has used this before, and to what success?

Also, if you're having issues with mold... maybe give it a try and report back to us your experience.

Mike

Great idea, I have not tried it on cuttings but use it on myself regularly.
    I use a cotton swab dipped in peroxide to spot treat any mold once the cuttings are cupped with pretty good results.
    Thanks for adding this.
    Calvin, Wish list is to finish working on the new house, someday.
    Bored? Grab a rake, paint roller, or a cordless drill and come over!

Comment

Thanks for the idea. I am a big fan of tea tree oil and will give it a try next time there is mold on my cuttings.
      Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

Working...
      X