X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help identify tis

Tis is Culli C*#+&!!!! I in good mood make joke about damn shampoo and I get home to tis... I hope is no what I think.... Spider mite? Is in a shallow bin with some very expense tree along side and fan gently blow on them. Will it spread to other tree if no touching? ... What is it and how to treat? Tis also one tree that will no open bud. Should I put to sleep? Grazie
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
    Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
    1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
    2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Ohh crap.. That stinks Mike! It does look like it could be a spider mite or maybe just a regular small spider? Either way spider or mite, he aint pating rent so hes gots to go! Smoosh him! But maybe u should wait for someone with a green thumb to advise you lol, I make perfectly dormant trees wake up a week BEFORE winter! So maybe Im not always the best advice giver lol! Im curious too though, hope someone can identify it for you!
    My Plant Inventory: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...HZcBjcsxMwQ7iY

Rooted Cuttings Available 2021:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...fxsT1DuH8/edit

Comment

Looks like it could be spider mites from the pics. If you have a magnifying glass or small handheld microscope, you would be able to see them. You can see their shadows if you hold the leaf up to a light and look at the leaf from underneath.

They can definitely spread.

If you still have some forbid, that should take care of them.
      Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra, Rubado

Comment

Dust kills spider mites. So would spray with dish soap.

Comment

Well I did look with scope and I did no see anything although is 100x scope so maybe too strong but regardless I was concerned about it no budding anyways and only had few leaf on it which all look like had some issue with each leaf so I removed all the leaf and dispose of them and hope they or it didn't make it to my other trees. I have forbid at farm so I will get tis weekend and spray all my trees In case. Worst case was nothing and I just secretly pinched the tree so maybe now will open that bud...

Comment

Mike, spider mites can be seen by the eye but are small and usually on the back of the leaf. They like it inside because it is dry and warm. They usually aren't a serious problem outside unless a plant is week.
            Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

Do spider mite actually eat the bad mites on fig treats? They are beneficial ?

Comment

No. They suck the juice out of the leaves and cause stunted growth.
                Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

I wish was element to add to soil that tree will suck up and deture them

Comment

Working...
                  X