X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT Thankful

Just really glad my family is o.k. today. We had a tornado hit our property. Many fences are down. A portion of one launched into my daughter's room. Our trailer got squished by the neighbor's cherry tree. Part of a fence lodged in our apple tree. Debris is everywhere. Just spent hours disecting everything in my daughters room and cleaning up the mess. The kids are handling it like troopers. All the figs were in the garage for the winter, and were undamaged.

Glad to hear that you and your family are ok.
    Kevin (Eastern MA - Zone 5b/6a)

Comment

Oh wow--thank goodness everyone is okay! Please let us know if you need anything!
      Zone 7a in Virginia

Comment

I am happy to hear you and family safe. As much you may think you had bad luck you are very lucky you all safe! I will help anything you need...
        Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
        1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy πŸ‘ΌπŸΌ.
        2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

Wow. That is serious, a real attention getter. Were you at home when it happened? Very thankful that you and your family were protected from bodily harm.
          PPP
          Eatonton, GA zone 7b/8a

Comment

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...DnJ7s0mrlsxCMg
            PPP
            Eatonton, GA zone 7b/8a

Comment

• Taverna78
              Taverna78 commented
              Editing a comment
              I am curious on something. In tis video end show 2 large up rooted trees. If stood back upright and soiled would they continue to grow ?

Thank you. Yes, I was outside in the back yard. I heard it coming and saw debris flying everywhere. I ran in the house, and we all went to the garage until it had passed. pppldj, that is the correct link.

Comment

Wow. Glad everyone is OK and there appear to be no injuries (according to the link). Things can be replaced or rebuilt....people can't. I grew up in Mississippi and Alabama so I am very familiar with tornados and what they can do. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.
              Bryant...Franklin County, VA...Zone 7a. Wish List: a 32 hour day....more sleep

Comment

Wow......glad you are ok.
                Cutting sales start Nov 1 at 9PM eastern time as always at willsfigs.com

Comment

I thank God that y'all are safe.
                  Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

glad you and your family are alright. kids can really show their strength at times, thats good to hear they are doing good.
                    May the Figs be with you!
                    ​​​​​

Comment

Glad your family is safe. Having each other is what really counts, your in our thoughts and prays.
                      Dave- Waterford, Ct. Zone 6a

Comment

Ohhh Geez I'm so sorry to hear this!! Can't even imagine being outside & hearing/seeing that twister you described coming my way! Thank God no one was injured, and that you are all doing okay considering what you just went through.. Yah kids can be amazingly resilient in times like this, so glad to hear yours are handling it so well! Please keep us posted, if you need anything let us know!
                        My Plant Inventory: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...HZcBjcsxMwQ7iY

Rooted Cuttings Available 2021:
                        https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...fxsT1DuH8/edit

Comment

Glad to hear no one injured. Had similar incident years ago. It can be a real mess.
                          newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Comment

Glad everybody is okay. I get scared just thinking about it.....cant imagine how scary it was to live through it. Hope the clean up isnt going to be too bad
                            Quy
                            SoCal, Zone 9b

Comment

Thank you. We will be cleaning up for a while. Tornadoes are not very common in our area, but it could have been a lot worse.

Comment

• BrooklynMatty
                                BrooklynMatty commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Glad to hear Casey, that must have been very scary to live through.

Please let us know if we can help in any way. Thank God no one was harmed.
                              Ed
                              SW PA zone 6a

Comment

Thankful everyone is fine and nobody injured. Very scary happening, but again thankful nobody was injured.
                                Wish List: πŸ™πŸΌ Mavra Sika

Comment

How horrible. I'm glad your family is ok.
                                  Bob C.
                                  Kansas City, MO Z6

Comment

Wow, really glad your family's okay.
                                    Sarah
                                    Bay Area, CA (zone: 9B)

Comment

Happy to hear that everyone and the figs are safe.
                                      Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra, Rubado

Comment

Thank you all. We worked really hard last night and today to get the house in order again so that we could celebrate my daughter's nineteenth birthday with family today. Moving forward...

Comment

Working...
                                        X