X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She just awakened a sleeping giant....

SO
    I just get yelled at that basement is too hot/humid and smell like garden... Tells me put everything in garage. Which I can not because of the cold here. I says " no! Look how much FMD cutting sell for! You want me to no be able to sell like tis one day????" She says "then build a mini greenhouse in garage and heat it! Just get out of the basement and park your jeep on driveway for winter"!!!

Ahem

I have remoter starter for my jeep and now need help to construct a cheap but functional 5x10 greenhouse! Ahahhaah!!

1/2 in pvc and plastic? Or just buy on Internet?

Grazie
    Last edited by WillsC; 12-12-2015, 07:19 PM. Reason: Edited for Fabio:)
    Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
    1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
    2) This weeks ebay auctions.

What ever happens, don't let your wife and my wife get together. It won't be just the figs that need to find a new home.

Comment

Aye at least we will have greenhouse!

Comment

If you don't get sunlight in the garage, you might consider using panel insulation to help keep the heat in?

Of course, you could go the opposite direction and remove the garage door and cover it with sheets of plastic to let the light in. Wonder what she would think of that....might get you into more trouble. Hehe
        Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra, Rubado

Comment

Oh no no I have very strong lights for fig. Just need small green house

Comment

• don_sanders
            don_sanders commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd try insulated panels or something like that since you are rely on lights.

The plastic on a green house outside is to let light in.

The insulated panels would keep the heat in.
            Last edited by don_sanders; 12-12-2015, 07:19 PM.

Would she let you build a greenhouse in the basement to hold the humidity and garden smell in? Then you can park in the garage and any heat escaping still gets to reduce your home heating cost?
          Greg, Maine, zone 5. Wish List: Green Michurinska

Comment

No no no. Tis why I say she make mistake to let me make greenhouse in garage. It will be grandè then I can imagine ! I will have Amazon Forrest in my garage! Ahahaha!!

Comment

Michele che vuoi fare una serra senza sole??
              Rafael
              Zone 10b, Miami, FL

Comment

Effetto serra solo per tenere al caldo e l'umidità. Ho il sistema di illuminazione che crescerà alberi come avere sole. Ho solo bisogno di costruire abbastanza forte per reggere il sistema di illuminazione.

Cugino remember also. English is better because too many Italia dialect and English only one speech! Ahahaha! Although make me try harder to capise...😁

Comment

Sì don. I need heat contained in garage because get very cold over winter although is 60F today🙀 So I make greenhouse to contain humidity and heat and then also have lights for tree to grown yes?

Comment

If you use plastic sheeting I recommend a thin sheet followed by at least 6mil. I use rope draping over the first sheet every few feet that will keep in more heat with air in between. Good luck

Comment

Grazie!

Comment

Now if only I can trick my wife into letting me build a green house...

Comment

Ahahaha! Is no trick... Just make you basement really humid!

Comment

Working...
                          X