X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting/Grafting Idea New to Me

I was facebooking fellow figgers today when I saw a photo of a BM cutting with all (5) bud nodes cut off. Accompanying photos showed bud grafts on a well established fig tree. Wonder if the cutting would root without nodes?

I am thinking what a great way to spread the risk of rooting an expensive fig cutting, five chances vs one.

I would like to hear what others think about this. What about you guys who are into grafting, what do you think about this?

I have thoughts about learning to graft next season and this idea is something I would like to do.

How difficult is bud grafting compared to other grafting methods?
    Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

I have good results grafting but budding gives me a problem sometimes forcing the but to grow. With a graft it has the terminal bud so it doesn't need to be forced and budding requires the bark to slip grafting doesn't unless spring or bark grafting.
    Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

• Harborseal
      Harborseal commented
      Editing a comment
      After the word, ''forced'', the rest of the sentence is hard for me to understand. Would you clarify it for me? I mean this phrase:

and budding requires the bark to slip grafting doesn't unless spring or bark grafting.
Working...
X