X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's project

Thank you again unnamed forum member 62 new varieties.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cuts.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	244.6 KB
ID:	55360
    Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

That is awesome! !! Looks like your going to busy for awhile! !!!

Is your Cuiro De Bou among them?
    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

• WillsC
      WillsC commented
      Editing a comment
      Sadly no.

Wowee. That's a ton of cuttings. Have fun

Comment

Wow. What can I do to receive packages like that?
      Fig & Blackberry Farmer in Sunol, CA.

Comment

• smatthew
        smatthew commented
        Editing a comment
        No really, what do i have to do to receive packages like that? Make friends? Pay someone?

• Hershell
        Hershell commented
        Editing a comment
        Be somebody. Lol. I'm with you, Wills is definitely somebody.

Holy Toledo! Christmas came early for you. Hopefully they were washed/prepped before they arrived, unless your project is cleaning and prepping them all. Congrats
      May the Figs be with you!
      ​​​​​

Comment

• WillsC
        WillsC commented
        Editing a comment
        I know some people advocate the washing and prepping but I don't do it, still think it is a good idea to do so......I just take them out of the plastic and root them.
        Last edited by WillsC; 12-14-2015, 10:42 AM. Reason: for clarity

What a nice Christmas present. Hopefully in a year or two you will make some of these new varieties avilable to us on ebay.
      Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

Now that is impressive! Happy rooting...
        Iowa Z5

Comment

Originally posted by jmaler View Post
          What a nice Christmas present. Hopefully in a year or two you will make some of these new varieties avilable to us on ebay.

I never hold anything back. Forum members though don't need to go the Ebay route with me if they don't want to. Pm's work fine and I don't mind Ebay losing their 10% cut and they end up being cheaper with no auction competition so we both win.
          Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

• fruitnut
            fruitnut commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you Wills for laying that out. When I purchase more cuttings it will be from you. I know you've put a lot of effort and expense into procuring the best fig varieties. I also like your pricing. Definitely cheaper than Ebay auctions.

• Inkfin
            Inkfin commented
            Editing a comment
            I wish somebody would extend their generosity in bb forum as well ;-)

And here we go!!!

$1.00 BOB!!!!!!😁
          Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
          1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
          2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

• Harborseal
            Harborseal commented
            Editing a comment
            Are you auctioning me off?

Inkfin,

Blueberries are harder, they are patented and the University of Florida means it when they say they will go after anyone selling their varieties. I have a non prop agreement on file with them.....and I have no desire to have them come after me so.......

Comment

To bad this years box is not as full as last years!
            Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Scott,

You have a good memory......same friend also.

Comment

I remember that.... but my own name most days! lol

Comment

Nice!
                  Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana
                  Buffalo WV Z6

Comment

WoW!!

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Wow!! It's good to have friends. You have enough space for all those?
                        Edward - Edgewater, Florida (Zone 9b)
                        Wish List: Holy Smokes, U. Prosciutto, Ham Rham, Labritja

Comment

Wow, that's great. And very generous of the person who sent it.

Wills, you don't clean your cuttings -- does that mean you don't use a humidity bin either? Don't remember if you've ever posted about your own rooting set up.
                          Sarah
                          Bay Area, CA (zone: 9B)

Comment

Originally posted by Taverna78 View Post
                            And here we go!!!

$1.00 BOB!!!!!!😁

Has bidding on this box started already? I'll go $20.
                            Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra, Rubado

Comment

• pukzpukz
                              pukzpukz commented
                              Editing a comment
                              25 now 30 35 now 40 45 50 55 now 60 stop me please

Originally posted by sarahkt View Post
                            Wow, that's great. And very generous of the person who sent it.

Wills, you don't clean your cuttings -- does that mean you don't use a humidity bin either? Don't remember if you've ever posted about your own rooting set up.

Miss Sarah,

It means I am too busy (read that as too lazy) to clean them, I do think it is a good idea though. Just that box from one friend was over 300 cuttings. I do not use a humidity bin, I find the transition out of it too hard on the plants and too time consuming. But you have to remember I am in Florida so the native humidity here even in winter is very different than a lot of the country. I root them inside then they go outside in to a propagation room where the humidity and temperature is controlled then in the greenhouse. Last year was a mess.....first year using coir and I got it too wet. This year we shall see Personally on a smaller scale I love the way Hershell does it with his "figerator" He is a redneck engineer of the highest order.

Comment

• pukzpukz
                              pukzpukz commented
                              Editing a comment
                              OK NOW I need to see the figerator Hershall

• Sarahkt
                              Sarahkt commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I visited Florida (Orlando) once a long time ago and the humidity did not agree with me. To someone from a dry desert zone, it felt like it would not be unlike living in a humidity bin year-round. Wouldn't wonder if you don't need a bin!

Though, seems like there's been good success with foregoing the bin and just waxing the tops and covering the top areas in Parafilm. I'm currently doing both at once but I agree weaning off high humidity is a pain. Think I'll try without the bin with the next batch of cuttings.
                              Last edited by Sarahkt; 12-14-2015, 06:05 PM. Reason: typos

Wills, with your climate, humidity etc ever thought about direct planting the cuttings. Have had pretty good success here in the summer months.
                            newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Comment

Mike,

That would work i'm sure but once in the ground I could not sell the extras. I have a nursery license and that is a big no no for them.

Comment

Basically what I did was try to make a walk in Figerator. I'm sure Hershell would post it if asked.

Comment

Come on funny man. Show you figerator please! Is like a Kegorator. Dispense beer. Yous dispense Figs ? Ahahaha!!!!🙀😽👊🏼
                                  Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
                                  1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
                                  2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

Absolutely not. It's top secret, Wills has never saw it. Lol. I have posted pictures but will post more when I get home with some details.
                                    Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

Working...
                                    X