X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown Green Lebanese fig.

Hey guys, I recently spoke to a kind and generous man on facebook and he has promised me cuttings of this unknown green skinned Lebanese variety free of cost. He described it as having an amazing complex berry flavour. I am really looking forward to it. He sent me a photo of the fig which you can see attached. Does it have any resemblance of a fig you are growing? Do you think it will be a winner just by looking at the photo?
    I will keep this thread updated as I grow this variety in the next few years.

Attached Files
    Last edited by JamesB; 07-14-2019, 01:38 AM.
    Victoria
    Australia (Zone 9b)

Would love to hear your thoughts based on the image I have attached šŸ˜Š Cheers!
    Victoria
    Australia (Zone 9b)

Comment

James, In short...lets eat!!! Randy/GA

Comment

• JamesB
        JamesB commented
        Editing a comment
        It does look rather appetising, hopefully the taste is as good as the looks!

James it looks good!
      Chris - Zone 6b

Comment

Lets hope it tastes good too! šŸ™‚
        Victoria
        Australia (Zone 9b)

Comment

Looks good Iā€™m a fan of figs from the region.
          In remembrance of wolfy 5/4/06-3/23/20
          Fig acres

Comment

I'd probably name it Col de Dame Ofon as it only makes sense! But dang that looks like a very tasty fig!
            Wish List: I don't even know at the moment. A mild winter for nice growth in the Spring I guess?

Comment

Hey guys, since my original post, I have acquired cuttings and am in the middle of rooting them. One of them has taken and another is pushing out leaf growth but I am unsure if it has roots yet.
              Does anyone agree that the leaf shape is rather unusual? I have never seen anything like it.
              Attached Files
              Victoria
              Australia (Zone 9b)

Comment

This looks exactly like a tiny leaf that has emerged from a live cutting that my dad sent me recently. The cutting came from a neighbor's tree and is a green fig with a red interior. He does not know the name....
                Piney Point Village, Zone 8b
                W/L: CdD Mutante, The One

Comment

• JamesB
                  JamesB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That is interesting! We should compare the fruits when you get some and see if they are similar.

Looks good keep us posted šŸ‘
                JLB zone 8b south Mississippi. Wish list really good figs thay don't split with all this dang humidity

Comment

• JamesB
                  JamesB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Will do! šŸ‘šŸ¼

Update:
                Attached Files
                Victoria
                Australia (Zone 9b)

Comment

They are doing well:
                  Attached Files
                  Victoria
                  Australia (Zone 9b)

Comment

looks great!
                    8A GA Wishlist: Black Socorro,LSU Red,Ponte Tresa,Red Lebanese,White Adriatic #1, Strawberry, Cavaliere, Colonel Littman's Black Cross, heirloom figs that have been passed down from generation to generation

Comment

The center lobe is really pronounced and looks like CLBC leaves. Maybe you found a green version. :-)
                      Eric - Santa Barbara, CA Zone 10a

Comment

Working...
                      X