X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let the fig planting begin

Took the first 2 plants out of the cloner. A NJ Red and a Lebanese Red (Beeka). I pulled them out of the cloner before they put on to much top growth. Boxes on top of the water heater yield more plants (it is warmer). Another Lebanese Red (Beeka) and 2 Lebanese Yellows (Beeka). The Lebanese cuttings are rooting machines. All the new babies are in a plastic box until I can get them to the greenhouse. There they will go under the Vandas draped in moss until they green up enough for full sun. There are more that are getting close so I suspect I will be potting up the next group soon.
    NC Zone 7a-b

Very nice, hope they do well for you! Any updated pictures?
    https://www.figbid.com/Listing/Browse?Seller=Kelby
    SE PA
    Zone 6

Comment

Glad to see the NJ Red rooted for you, Sharon. Can't wait for your review of the fruit.
      Frank Tallahasee 8B
      North Florida Figs

Comment

What an exciting time. Have fun!
        SoCal, zone 10.
        www.ourfigs.com Invite your friends.

Comment

What is funny is that the NJ Red was from the "lost" shipment. I will post pictures soon however since they came out of the cold cloner the tops are not very leafy. The one out of the perlite boxes on the water heater have pale leaves that are just starting to green up. It is amazing how quickly they begin to green even under a shop light. I will bring them to the greenhouse tomorrow morning.
          NC Zone 7a-b

Comment

Good luck with them!
            Otmani - Dallas, TX - Zone 8a
            Wish List: Col de Dame Blanche, Brogiotto Bianco, Sicilian White, Panache

Comment

Alway looking for picture LOL. Ok Here is the pictures from inside the cloner after the 3 cuttings were removed. The ones with the fat, white roots are Lebanese Red (Beeka) and Lebanese Yellow (Beeka). These are my rooting monsters. Following close behind are some Scott's Black although you might not be able to see the roots in this picture. In front with 2 tiny roots starting is one of my little Maltese Falcon cuttings. Hopefully in a couple of months I will be able to remove it from my wish list.
              NC Zone 7a-b

Comment

Never seen a picture of a cloner from the inside. That is a great shot Sharon. Thanks for sharing.
                Otmani - Dallas, TX - Zone 8a
                Wish List: Col de Dame Blanche, Brogiotto Bianco, Sicilian White, Panache

Comment

Looks good Sharon. I'm going to have to build one of those cloners, it sure looks like it would be easier and faster then what I am doing now.
                  Art
                  St Louis County, MO Z6B

Comment

Working...
                  X