X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: 40 cuttings each of Celeste, Desert King and a mix of Peter's and/or Italian Honey

There's a lot of interest in figs lately locally. In April I'm going to be teaching a workshop on propagating cuttings. Nothing anyone here would want to attend - much too basic. I'm giving them Hardy Chicago, Brown Turkey (to increase the chance of success) and I'd like to include a Celeste if I can get 40 cuttings whether it's from one person or 4 people. More than 4 would be too much in shipping

They'd have to be the kind of cuttings that would store well and root well for a first timer. No green cuttings and thicker than a pencil but 3/4" or less and first or second year wood.

Anyone have that many Celestes they want to get rid of? Thanks.
    Last edited by AscPete; 12-18-2015, 09:03 PM. Reason: edited title as requested...
    Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Sounds like quite the deal Bob, I'm glad to hear there is so much interest in your area. I have a friend I'm going to gift a couple of trees to as soon as he's ready, he also lives on the MO side of KC. I truly wish I had cuttings available, I would just donate them if I did.

I'm sure you'll no problem finding what you are looking for.
    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

• Harborseal
      Harborseal commented
      Editing a comment
      Introduce us. I'm sure I'll have some cuttings to give him as well.

• COGardener
      COGardener commented
      Editing a comment
      He is not going to be the rooting cutting type of collector, it will be trees for Lee.

Thank you for the offer!

• Harborseal
      Harborseal commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll root some for him if he wants.

If anyone can think of a green fig that roots easily and is readily available maybe I'll include one of those, too. Desert king? Do any of the good honey figs ripen early?

If anyone's got 10 - 40 DK cuttings not too expensive I'd take those as well.
    Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Comment

• eboone
      eboone commented
      Editing a comment
      Lattarula is early, sorry mine is little

• Harborseal
      Harborseal commented
      Editing a comment
      Good idea, though.

Best of luck sourcing the cuttings. A fig workshop sounds like a neat idea and should be fun for people who haven't rooted before.

Comment

Bob,

I probably have that many. Also VDB if you want 500 of them.
      Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

I have more Celeste cuttings that you could ever use. Just let me know if you need them.
        Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

I also can get you plenty of celeste cuttings, let me know if you need some, I'll donate them for the cause!
          Ryan- CenLa, zone 8a/b

Comment

Working...
          X