X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fig Cutting sale 2015

The sale starts tonight Friday 12/18 at 10 PM EST. I am putting the list up early by request but any emails that come in before 10PM EST will be deleted so that it is fair to all

In an effort to save my sanity I would appreciate if the below numbered items are followed step by step. I'm not whining or complaining but I get a lot of emails and PM's, was up till 1:00am this morning answering them and that was after being up since 6:00am and outside from 8:00am till 6:00pm (ok maybe a slight whine). It will make this so much easier on me if the steps are followed and I will very much appreciate it.

As a thank you to all that do follow the steps inRED TEXT below for every 5th order Paid I will include a free Sangue Dolce cutting, one cutting, 7 will be given away maximum. I will pick randomly from the email orders when I send out the confirmations and totals so everyone will have a chance to win the cuttings. It is one of the best figs I have ever tasted and according to a well known forum member with many years of expeirnce and a huge collection it is the BEST fig he has ever tasted. He is in a cold climate so grows in pots. That lottery will be based on when payment is received, not order placed. It is one entry per member and you will have to trust me on who the winners are. If you place 3 orders it only gets counted once. You will know if your are a winner when I PM you on Sunday, you can post you won or not, is up to you.

This sale will use a new email address it is [email protected] it is also the paypal address to use.

When you place your order to [email protected] I need what varieties you want and how many sets of each or how many cuttings of each, either is fine as long as you specify cutting OR set, remember it is multiples of TWO. Please include your name and forum name also. No ordering until 10:00 pm Friday 12/18

I will be gone most of the day on Saturday so nobody will hear from me or receive a total until Saturday evening earliest or Sunday. I will try to update the list from my phone as TestMod best I can to make people aware of what is still available and what is gone.

A. Below is a new email I just set up for this sale PLEASE use this and only this email for this sale, orders and corespondence. This new email is also the paypal payment email as well [email protected] So watch your spam folder. DO NOT PM for the sale, i'm begging you.....please just use the email address. [email protected] PLEASE no Pm's.

B. If you can, please use the friends and family Paypal option.

C. The sale is open to all members US (all 50 states) and international . For US and Canada Shipping is a flat $5 no matter if you buy 1 set of cuttings or 30. For obvious reasons international shipping will be more so if you are international let me know and I will quote the shipping and it will depend on the amount you purchase. Know that on international once it is mailed and tracking sent I am out of it and any risk of confiscation in your home country is your own risk. If on the presales I charged you MORE than what the cuttings are listed for in this sale contact me and I will refund the difference, it is only fair.

D. Once you are confirmed with a price VIA email please try to pay promptly and if 3 days go by without payment I will fill orders to people that missed out on a particular variety.

E. I am only going to list varieties I have over 15 cuttings left of, so basically that means If I have 19 cuttings of something 2 sets are all that is available. I opened pre-sales on Nov.1 so some of the most sought after varieties are gone or below the 15 cutting cut off. Other than that I am holding nothing back except Black Beauty 10 ....next years bonus perhaps?

F. All cuttings will be 4"-6" in length and be at least 3 nodes.

G. It is first come first serve. The order the emails come in will determine who gets what. You can order more than one set of each variety if you would like to. I know limiting that to 1 set would spread the cuttings further but personally I hate 2 cuttings and 3 would make me feel better so I don't blame anyone if they want two sets. The limit is two sets per variety per member.

When you send the payment to [email protected] I need you to include in the PAYPAL NOTES the following and in the format shown below. It makes my life so much easier. To be included for the chance at the free Sangue Dolce cuttings you must use the following format.

1. Name

2. Mailing address

3. What exact varieties you are ordering and the number of each has to be in multiples of 2 (per forum vote)

4. Your email address

5. Forum name

6. Special instructions or If you need me to hold and send at a later time.

Once the cuttings are mailed I will send you via email the tracking #.

Due to the upcoming Holidays the cuttings will ship out on January 4th UNLESS you advise me per #6 above to hold them later than the 4th.

Good luck and hope nobody is disappointed in the selection. The price is per cutting. As you can see 4 catagories $5 $7 $10 $15 I am typing fast so please forgive typos.

The sale starts tonight, Friday 12/18 at 10:00 PM EST. Any emails before that will not count.

$5

Fred's Celeste (it is very good)
    Beer's Black
    Green Ischia
    Unk Carini
    Black Mission
    Pasquale
    Willmington creeper....it is now finally creeping
    VDB
    Celeste
    LSU Purple
    Latrulla
    Alma
    UNK Pastiliere
    Native Black
    Scott's Black
    Hardy Chicago
    Texas Peach

$7

Niagara Black
    Nero 600M
    Kathlen's Black
    RDB
    Battaglia
    JH Adriatic
    Excel
    Black Greek
    Sals C
    Petite Negra
    Salce
    Genoves Nero (ROBS NOT Rafed's)
    Siblawi (I love this one, sweet beyond belief)
    Unk Iraqi
    Slidel Black
    Saint Jerome
    Danny's Delight OUT
    Strawberry Verte
    Karachi Green
    Fico Santo
    Petrelli
    Gino's Dark
    Bianchetta
    BG Gold (popular European variety)
    Ventura
    Alvas Verdal
    RDB
    Colonel Littmans Black OUT
    Malta Black
    Stallion
    Easton Purple
    LSU Tiger
    Olympian
    Saleeb
    Italian Black
    Banana

$10
    FMV Free Black Ischia (UNK) OUT
    Lounge d'Aout
    Pan E Vino Dark OUT
    Colosanti Dark
    Vasilika Sika (long finger)
    Brogiotto Nero
    Noir De Caromb
    Calvy
    Vasilika Sika (Herman version not finger leaves)
    Nalga
    Purple Jordan
    San Donato
    Izbatan Naj
    Sao Miguel Roxo
    Sultane
    Red Libya
    Stella
    Nordland
    Bourjasotte Noir
    Bourjasotte Grise
    Blanche de Arguntil
    Madeline de deaux Saisons
    Jurupa
    Violet Sepor
    Israeli Red
    Red Sicillian
    LSU Smith
    LSU Black
    Golden Celeste

$15
    Ice Crystal
    CDD Rimada -----------------------out
    Florea
    Lounge Verte d'Aout OUT
    LSU Thibadeaux OUT
    Fig De Parfum OUT
    Black Yugoslavian OUT
    Victoria-------------------------------out

Last edited by WillsC; 12-30-2015, 01:18 PM. Reason: updating in stock
    Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Yipeee! Thank you, WILLS!

Comment

Grazie Cugino. Great luck to everyone
      Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
      1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
      2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

Wait, let me get this straight, NO PMs????? Are you certain?

Nice list, WIlls. Now, can I keep my selections to a reasonable number...
        Ed
        SW PA zone 6a

Comment

What a great list, now off to do my homework! Thank you for doing this!
          Zone 7a in Virginia

Comment

Great list, thanks for doing this Will.

Comment

Any information out there regarding Victoria Fig or Fig De Parfum?

Comment

• don_sanders
                don_sanders commented
                Editing a comment
                Not Fig De Parfum that I could find. [email protected] "really enjoyed the Fig De Parfum" in 2012. WillsC said that Rafed "only got to taste one, was good enough reason for me to want it."

My cuttings look very healthy and ready to grow so hopefully I'll have more info in a year or two.

wonderful offerings. I have past my Christmas budget. Next offering I will save up for.
              Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Brian M View Post
                Any information out there regarding Victoria Fig or Fig De Parfum?
                As Don said Fig de Parfum came from Rafed, he said the one he had was excellent.

Victoria is a Pons fig from the island Majorca off the coast of Spain.
                Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

• Brian M
                  Brian M commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you

Well, crap. My choices are participate and end up in a straight jacket....or be conten with the mass of cuttings I already have to root. Wife just looked over my shoulder and saw me looking at the list. She asked if it was a plant sale and silly me said yes.

I got "the look".....so good luck everyone! I get clausraphobia too easily Togo isn't a straight jacket.
                Bryant...Franklin County, VA...Zone 7a. Wish List: a 32 hour day....more sleep

Comment

Just to be certain - is price per cutting, or per set of 2?
                  Fig & Blackberry Farmer in Sunol, CA.

Comment

• cis4elk
                    cis4elk commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This is a good question, I wondered the same.
                    Probably not getting anything..but still..like many things in life it never hurts to look.(That is unless you get busted looking!)

Originally posted by WillsC View Post

The price is per cutting. As you can see 4 catagories $5 $7 $10 $15
                  Still a lot better than most of us would get on eBay.
                  Last edited by Sarahkt; 12-18-2015, 06:22 PM. Reason: aha, finally figured out how to quote someone.
                  Sarah
                  Bay Area, CA (zone: 9B)

Comment

• Rewton
                    Rewton commented
                    Editing a comment
                    "When you place your order to [email protected] I need what varieties you want and how many sets of each or how many cuttings of each, either is fine as long as you specify cutting OR set, remember it is multiples of TWO. " This text makes me think the smallest unit that one can order may be two cuttings even though he does say the price is per cutting. Wills, please weigh in buddy!

smatthew, I had exactly the same question. I would guess that it is for a set of 2 but it is a little unclear.
                  Steve
                  D-i-c-k-e-r-s-o-n, MD; zone 7a
                  WL: Nantes Maroc

Comment

Not unclear at at. Minimum order is 1 set = 2 cuttings. For the $5 cuttings 1 set costs $10, 2 sets cost $20. for the $15 figs 1 set = $30, 2 sets = $60
                    Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Comment

• Rewton
                      Rewton commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hmmm....I ordered $5 worth of the UNK Pastiliere thinking I would probably get two cuttings or possibly one. I'll be happy with one.

Wills, I do have questions and a concern. The concern is that all that text may not fit in the pp notes section. In the past I've been cut off with little more than name and address.

Questions:

1 can we leave out the numbered headers and just put our name/mailing address as if we were addressing an envelope to ourselves?
                    2. Do you want the figs listed in your order or in our order of preference?

Thanks.
                    Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Comment

I was so dumb. I got distracted and sent it 30 seconds late. I hope there's something left

So for every 5 sets we order we have 1 chance to win the SD?

Comment

I don't need another fig but you're pushing my buttons.
                        Wishlist; Green Michurinska, St. Rita
                        Tony
                        Sarver, PA Zone 6A.

Comment

• eboone
                          eboone commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Originally posted by Tonycm
                          I don't need another fig but you're pushing my buttons.
                          Tony, Tony, Tony - everyone 'needs' another fig!

• Tonycm
                          Tonycm commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Lol Ed I told myself absolutely no more new figs this year. Well as YOU know I gained two this fall from someone named Eboone and have gained another 4 or 5 more from others. I ran out of room about 20 trees ago but somehow I still seem to make more room. Gotta really think hard about this. Hmmm

I waited till my computer clock said 10:01, wanted to be sure mine did not get deleted

I restrained myself somehow and only ordered 2 sets.
                        Ed
                        SW PA zone 6a

Comment

• Harborseal
                          Harborseal commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You've gone sane!

FYI - Wills confirmed the price is indeed per cutting, not per bundle of two, if that matters to those of you finalizing your orders.
                        Sarah
                        Bay Area, CA (zone: 9B)

Comment

• smatthew
                          smatthew commented
                          Editing a comment
                          ouch. Seeing as how I only had a 33% success rate with Wills cuttings last year, I'll pass.

• eboone
                          eboone commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I was 0 for 3 with his cuttings last year but gonna give it another go...was probably me, not the cuttings.

• Sarahkt
                          Sarahkt commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Prices are still lower than eBay, I wouldn't be able to afford a lot of these varieties in the eBay environment. And now that I have heat mats, must use them! This is my time buying cuttings from Wills, but the trees I've purchased were in excellent condition.

Originally posted by WillsC View Post
                        [B][SIZE=26px][COLOR=#FF8C00] It is one entry per member and you will have to trust me on who the winners are. If you place 3 orders it only gets counted once.
                        Sorry Bob...
                        PPP
                        Eatonton, GA zone 7b/8a

Comment

Phew! Now I can go to sleep with my fingers crossed...
                          Zone 7a in Virginia

Comment

Good luck, everyone!
                            Bryant...Franklin County, VA...Zone 7a. Wish List: a 32 hour day....more sleep

Comment

I expect that most of us will be pleased. I don't see hundreds of members active at the time., they would likely be logged on to view the list, to research the figs, etc
                              Ed
                              SW PA zone 6a

Comment

• DBJohnson
                                DBJohnson commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I'm being watched. She can see the wheels turning and does not approve..... She keep saying "115" every now and then....that's the number of cuttings in the fridge that will be set up in the next couple weeks.

Yeah, I can't get away with anything right now. My kitchen-pass has been suspended.

The list was posted at 2. Any really maniacal fig person would save a list, reboot and only have email open, finger hovering over the send button with a clock counting down the thousandths of a second. On 2 different computers.

Comment

• eboone
                                eboone commented
                                Editing a comment
                                LOL-I hear you Bob. I had my request typed up at 7, ready to be copied into my email. Then I changed my request at 9:30, then again at 9:40. I shortened it since I am already rooting too many for me to nurse thru the winter.

Ok, I sent my order at 8 pm, do I have any chances to get anything ?
                              USDA z 10a, SoCal. WL: Raspberry Tart, Boysenberry Blush

Comment

• greenfig
                                greenfig commented
                                Editing a comment
                                8 pst, that is 11 est, right?

• fitzski
                                fitzski commented
                                Editing a comment
                                yes, 8pm PST is 11pm EST.

• Harborseal
                                Harborseal commented
                                Editing a comment
                                If you sent your order at 8 pm Eastern you have to send it again. If you sent it at 8 pm Pacific then it was after the starting time and you're ok. Either way there won't be any cuttings left for you. Wills probably got 387 emails between 10:00:01 and 10:00:03. (Just kidding)
                                Last edited by Harborseal; 12-19-2015, 08:25 PM.
                            Working...
                            X