X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LaRadek's on eBay!

For people hunting for this one, Kerry has cuttings up for this one on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Laradeks-Eas...cAAOSwUdlWc4eo

Hope he doesn't mind me posting this. It's one of the really cold hardy varieties that hasn't come up very much for sale. Good luck everyone!
    Greg, Maine, zone 5. Wish List: Green Michurinska

Yeah, he'll be sooooo disappointed with all those extra bidders
    Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Comment

You'd think there'd be some play on this one Bob, but so far nothing! Maybe we all have this one now??? If I didn't have it I'd be in on it. They rooted easily for me, I got 5/5 and sent one to Kerry which I assume is the source for his cuttings. I can trace them back to the original legal import into the USA. Bob Harper has been growing this one for a while and reports that it is a hardy variety for him in CT that produces a good breba crop. His shared history of the plant is that it's from the village of Kyjovich in the Czech Republic, zone 6A, where it's been growing without winter cover and has taken -18F without damage. I'm not completely convinced this isn't actually -18C, which is still great. Mine will go into the ground without protection soon after I get some backups produced. Bob says the taste is surprisingly good, hopefully I'll taste mine in 2016.

If everyone doesn't know Kerry, he's a super stand up guy known for his generosity and desire to share his passion for figs. I mostly posted the link to the auction as a small way of saying thank you to Kerry for all his help. Anyone who's gotten cuttings/plants from me ultimately likely has Kerry to thank for them.

Does anyone else have experience with LaRadek's that they can share? Would love to hear more about what kind of temperatures it's taken in-ground and what people think of the fruit.
      Last edited by GregMartin; 12-22-2015, 07:55 AM.

Comment

$436.00
        Phil North Georgia Zone 7 Looking for: All of them, and on and on,

Comment

• strudeldog
          strudeldog commented
          Editing a comment
          Oops bid on wrong window guess we all don't have it.

For that I'd cut mine down to a stub for you Phil !

Comment

• Kelby
          Kelby commented
          Editing a comment
          Me too!

For those who haven't dealt with Kerry (@drivewayfarmer), he's a great person to buy cuttings from. Almost all of the cuttings I received from him last year rooted which led me to purchase more from him this year.

He is very generous with the cuttings you purchase as well and he will offer advice if you ask.

I'm putting this one on my list for next winter.
        Kevin (Eastern MA - Zone 5b/6a)

Comment

I found this to be a pretty good fig, unable to test hardiness here at my location. Phil, I can sell at a big discount to the price you quoted!
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
          My fig photos <> My fig cuttings (starts late January) <> My Youtube Videos

Comment

Working...
          X