• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is your math?

Add the sales of Black Madeira fig in the following:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/kk/m.html?it...p2046732.m1684

What do you think?
    Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Great seller, pictures are worth a thousand words.

Comment

Dang , good going kk!
      Greg, Maine, zone 5. Wish List: Green Michurinska

Comment

kk's Black Madeira has become the standard that others are measured against.Quality stuff.
        Paul Robert,Simi Valley,Ca. 9b

Comment

• maimai2
          maimai2 commented
          Editing a comment
          I got several BM trees from Three Fold Farms and Tim said his came from KK

Today the total is $4,885. A few days ago it was close to $6,000, as a few have dropped off because ebay only shows last 90 days of sales. That is a pretty good paycheck from a fig tree. I think I should take better care of my BM.
        Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

What's dinner ends in normal BM AND KK's BM?
          Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
          1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
          2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

Originally posted by jmaler View Post
            Today the total is $4,885. A few days ago it was close to $6,000, as a few have dropped off because ebay only shows last 90 days of sales. That is a pretty good paycheck from a fig tree. I think I should take better care of my BM.

Next time someone pays a huge amount for a new fig variety remember this thread. That is why the new varieties go for so much, there is a payback to doing so.
            Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

• GregMartin
              GregMartin commented
              Editing a comment
              It's amazing to me that BM still fetches this much, as it seems like it's been around for a while and many people have it. Is it just because it tops many "best" lists?

• WillsC
              WillsC commented
              Editing a comment
              Greg,

It is because the BM is in HUGE demand in Asia, it is driving the price through the roof.

• GregMartin
              GregMartin commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the info Wills...so it's one of those right plant, right time booms. Very cool.

Wow. That's pretty darn good. Congrats to kk for all of the success on ebay. Quality products bring in a quality paycheck.

Comment

I left my small in-ground Black Madeira (UCD), unprotected this winter. Perhaps I should go outside and cover it.
              Sas North Austin, TX Zone 8B

Comment

Before everyone decides to jump into the Black Madeira market, it seems to be slowing down considerably in the past six weeks or so. I'm a very popular grower/seller for many collectors/growers in SE Asia and now many others there are starting to sell at more modest prices. Many of Keith's (KK) trees and cuttings have ended up in Thailand, often resold for much higher prices than you see on eBay.
                My fig photos <> My fig cuttings (starts late January) <> My Youtube Videos

Comment

Black Madeira is bit harder to root than other cultivars. It is also slow grower. Flavor wise it is probably one of the best out there.
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Working...
                  X