X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilting of rooted cutting

Is anyone familiar with the specific cause of this.Is it a fungus or something else. Please look at the picturehttp://www.dotphoto.com/ViewAlbum.asp?AID=6724990&IID=274322209

One leaf got it first and then the other leaf. The edges curl and the leaf gets a grayish look right where it is dying. This is the second cutting it happened to. Those leaves will surely die.

Thank you

look like to much humidity

Click image for larger version

Name:	274322209.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	57681
    Wish List -

Comment

Agree with Dave about too much humidity - I had some like that last year that survived though
      Ed
      SW PA zone 6a

Comment

I had some do that after a drastic humidity change (I left the lid off to long). once the humidity was restored, it a bit, the cuttings did recover.
        Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Yes. Too much humid. Or sudden change to ambient air or over water. Cut all 3 things back

Also check underside for mites
          Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
          1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
          2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

• maimai2
            maimai2 commented
            Editing a comment
            No, dont cut that '3 things back' . Leave them alone . At the eye of the 2 leaves, 2 new 'things' hehehe will sprout soon to make the plant more bushy .

Possible problems :
            - excessive humidity
            - disturbance (move around too many times)

Any roots ?
            If no root, then pull it out to check if bottom of the cutting is rotten . If so, cut the rotten part off then root over again .

Roots ? yes ?
            Hurry ! hurry ! Put it back into the pot and cover with a dome or a plastic bag (punch some more holes)

Otherwise mites will ravage the poor plant
            Good luck

• Taverna78
            Taverna78 commented
            Editing a comment
            No no no I don't mean cut back tree I mean cut back on playing with it. Give little water and put dome back over it. No cut tree

• maimai2
            maimai2 commented
            Editing a comment
            hehehe

OK. I appreciate the replies. I cut the cancer out. It chooses to live or die at normal room humidity 50%.

Comment

I'm not sure the value of cutting off leaves-I would expect some energy production for the plant even if leaves are a little sickly
            Ed
            SW PA zone 6a

Comment

Working...
            X