X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Cycle Timer

What is a good digital cycle timer. I am looking for something like 2 min on, 7 min off for a cloning machine.

Thanks
    Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

does it need to be digital? I've had good luck with the Titan Control Apollo 2 . It's analog, but I have 3 or 4 of them and they work like a charm.
    Fig & Blackberry Farmer in Sunol, CA.

Comment

Actually it does not have to be digital. Do you us them for cloning?
      Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

I use them for flood&drain tables, and bato buckets. Not for propagation yet. I have a vision in my head of mist propagation tables, run by an electric leaf.
        Fig & Blackberry Farmer in Sunol, CA.

Comment

Here is what I used. Works great and under 10 bucks. You need a 12 volt transformer for the input though, which I already had laying around. http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-12V-Multi...cAAOSwBahVGWXC

Comment

• jmaler
            jmaler commented
            Editing a comment
            I doubt I have the technical know how to configure this device to function as I need.

Originally posted by smatthew View Post
          does it need to be digital? I've had good luck with the Titan Control Apollo 2 . It's analog, but I have 3 or 4 of them and they work like a charm.
          Thanks for the link. I just placed my order for the this timer and a cloner.
          Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

It may or may not come with good instructions (probably not). I have a good set around here somewhere. I'll try to find them and post them or give a link. If you need some help with it when you get it just let me know. It took me a little while to figure it out. It is actually very versatile. Its a good idea to give it some type of dust cover (ha ha, in my case that is a zip lock baggie). Just cut a hole in the bottom of the bag and run one set of wires through it. This also gives the added benefit that if you drip a little water it won't hit the board and short it out.

Comment

Ha ha. I just realized you ordered the other timer. For $10 bucks (plus a 12 volt power converter...http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...=sr_1_6&sr=8-6) if anyone wants to try it I would be happy to help you figure it out. I have several. I use them to turn a variety of things on and off but they are particularly well suited to short interval cycles, inexpensive and reliable.
              Last edited by Blackfoot12; 12-26-2015, 11:17 AM. Reason: Add Link

Comment

Working...
              X