X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Year Decoration Contest ?

The holiday season in not over . Why not a New Year decoration contest with fig as subject . Any donor for winner , please !

Usually the person posting such a thread is the donor, starter and administrator of said contest.
    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

OMG ! so I cannnot be a participant ? I was so busy during Christmas time I missed to participate the Chritsmas Contest huhuhu. I thought WillsC would be the boss of any contest . I am in trouble now, Please WillsC, step in to help me out
      Last edited by maimai2; 12-26-2015, 08:47 AM.

Comment

• WillsC
        WillsC commented
        Editing a comment
        Not me.....when I run contests they go on for weeks qand finally a winner after 14 pages

• Taverna78
        Taverna78 commented
        Editing a comment
        Dang screws

If you look, the "Christmas up a fig tree" contest was run by Strudeldog.

He started the thread, set up the rules provided the prize and judged the contest.

Then paid the shipping costs of the prize.

Non of this was done by WillsC.

When I ran my contest, it was the same. I provided and handled everything.

Also, IMHO, I think it's rude and tacky to ask for a contest and expect others to perform it.
      Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

I got it ! then I will be ... the donor , the judge and pay for shipping for the prize . No problem malgre' moi !
        Always have to pay for mistake .
        I am not tacky, just feel excited with my decoration things when I am home alone with my fig trees during Christmas time . .

My prize for winner is 1 each cutting : Unknown Celest (?) got from a Hungary lady in Garland Texas , Kadota, Rasberry Latte, verdal Longue and Black Mission .
        Total of FIVE cuttings of fig cultivars AND 2 rooted cuttings of dragon fruit

The red color of the dragon fruit is the color of LUCK for the new year .

Rules : have to be FIG, have to be your own idea
        Subject : anything related to the meaning of Fig prosperity, or fig multiplication, or fig abundance
        Dead line : midnite of December 31, 2015 .
        Last edited by maimai2; 12-26-2015, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Ok Mai, now you need to make up the rules !

I'm glad your holiday spirit is bubbling forward. I'll throw in Nero 600M, MBVS and Giant Black German cuttings to whoever you decide wins....now they get 8 cuttings.

Fun post!
          Greg, Maine, zone 5. Wish List: Green Michurinska

Comment

Here are some rooted cuttings (Olympian, Marseilles x2) all dressed up for a night out on the town.
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
            Zone 7a in Virginia

Comment

• maimai2
              maimai2 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you Sarina to jump in first to the contest .

Boys and Girls ! Here is Contestant Numero Uno : SARINAP
              Her red roses showing up next to the 3 fig trees ---> symbol of fig prosperity for the year of TWO-THOUSAND-SIXTEEN, the year of the Monkey !
              Last edited by maimai2; 12-27-2015, 07:12 PM.

Sounds like a great contest Maimai
            Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

The rules need to be clarified or is it just me.
              Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

• maimai2
                maimai2 commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry Hershell . I should be more serious

Rules : have to be FIG, have to be your own idea
              Subject : anything related to the meaning of Fig prosperity, or fig multiplication, or fig abundance
              Dead line : midnite of December 31, 2015

My interpretation was that you have to decorate a fig plant, cutting, etc. with your own original idea, and that the overall theme should be something related to prosperity, abundance, propagation, etc... so I decorated my prettiest rooted cuttings with some of my favorite earrings and a bracelet, added the roses for color and the gold sequined Christmas ornament for a bit of bling.

Zone 7a in Virginia

Comment

• maimai2
                maimai2 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks, Sarina

Rules :
              - Participant has to be a member of ourfigs.com
              - Each participant may submit a maximum of three (3) photographs. Those photographs should be your own original work, it does not infringe upon any copyright, contain any defamatory, slanderous material ....
              - This contest is more for fun than for commercial advertisement . Therefore, photographs must not endorse ​or be perceived to endorse a commercial webpage/products/service. This includes but not limited to the display of brand name or trademarks on any people, equipment or other objects visible in the photograph
              - Photographs previously produced/already posted somewhere are not eligible .
              - For each photograph, participant should explain the general idea/meaning of his/her work
              - All photographs must be entered before midnight of December 31, 2015

Contest theme :
              Celebrating the New Year of 2016 with DECORATION tending to Fig Prosperity or fig Multiplication or Fig abundance

Headache !
              Last edited by maimai2; 12-28-2015, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Ok, I got it but talent is required. Go Sarina!
                Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

For prize, I add 1 more cutting of Sucrette and 1 cutting of CDD Blanc + 1 Dalmatie + 1 California Brown Turkey -----> total of 12 cultivars so far
                  Last edited by maimai2; 12-27-2015, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Here's my contribution to the contest . Not as pretty as Sarina's, I know.

Comment

• SarinaP
                      SarinaP commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I like the drawings!

I didn't decorate a fig tree so I don't know if this counts, but couldn't help myself. I guess I decorated up my paper with ink

Comment

• don_sanders
                      don_sanders commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Maybe if you hang your list on your tree

• GregMartin
                      GregMartin commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hmmm...I do have one fig tree in my sunroom with a few leaves still on it. Good thinking Don!

Hopefully bringing some luck and prosperity to my forest of fig cuttings.

The happy Buddha with his traveling stick and prayer beads pulls a sack of blessings for travel and transition through the embryonic fig forest.

The dragon turtle grounds a bit of luck for wealth and prosperity to the figs.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
                    Bryant...Franklin County, VA...Zone 7a. Wish List: a 32 hour day....more sleep

Comment

• SarinaP
                      SarinaP commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Great entry!

• DBJohnson
                      DBJohnson commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I just finished the last group of cuttings. Did the bag and direct pot groups yesterday and did the 3-cup group today. Here's the spreadsheet for the varieties. There are also a lot of the heirloom cuttings that are not on the spreadsheet. 131 cutting set up between today and yesterday.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...p=docslist_api
                      Last edited by DBJohnson; 12-28-2015, 07:06 PM. Reason: Added info...

• Sarahkt
                      Sarahkt commented
                      Editing a comment
                      This is great. Like the lines of imagery that go with the picture.

My best wishes for a happy new year, that brings happiness, love and joy to your life. Happy New Year!!!
                    ​I dressed with silver and gold for love joy and good health .and also put an olive branch for peace to the world .
                    enjoy the 15sec video

Comment

• maimai2
                      maimai2 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Bigfig,
                      Thank you so much for your entry.

Hello Hello Hello to the crowd out there ! We have some more hours left for the contest . Please step in for the fun .

• bigfig
                      bigfig commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You are so welcome .I notice not to many entries so I decided to get thing going .and my little girl had fun

sorry forgot the video

Comment

There's still time for someone to post a picture of a big old fig tree representing 2015 getting a nice new cutting for 2016 cut off to represent baby new year for 2016!!! I should have taken some pics when I was taking cuttings yesterday

Comment

• maimai2
                        maimai2 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You read my mind, Greg !
                        Tomorrow I will show you my other pictures

Ok. Here goes nothing. I placed a rather large bottle of what once held an alcoholic beverage at the base of my tree which symbolizes (drinking for those of us 21+) and celebrating the end of 2015, and a warm welcome to 2016. The baby diaper is for Baby New Year, and the lights and tinsel are for decoration... which by the way I got yelled at twice for, for getting tinsel all over the house on the way to the basement. Good luck everyone, and Happy New Year!
                      Attached Files

Comment

• SarinaP
                        SarinaP commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Very festive!!!

• JohnnyK
                        JohnnyK commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks Sarina. Happy New Year!

prosperities of a fig cycle
                      ~cuttings from a new found friend
                      ~nurturing a cutting till it has new roots and leaves
                      ~ becoming a "tree" (sorry started this fall that's my tallest tree)
                      ~sharing and eating figs (mine are too small to bear fruits
                      ~cycle starts again

Happy NEW YEAR everyone.... still have 4 and a half more hours to go <:P

Comment

Happy New Year to all my new fig friends! I'm really pushing this last minute submission but had to be in on the fun! My tree is decorated to be somewhat symbolic of my childhood, as no matter where I was, watching that ball drop was the highlight of the evening amongst all my loved ones.. Ugh gotta finish this later for my explanation! Almost Time to toast!
                        Attached Files
                        My Plant Inventory: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...HZcBjcsxMwQ7iY

Rooted Cuttings Available 2021:
                        https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...fxsT1DuH8/edit

Comment

• Jamie0507
                          Jamie0507 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Okay.. The lucky elephant (from my Thai Mom in law now in heaven) is walking away from darker times (the dark hourglass) with trunk raised towards a brighter future in 2016 (the light hourglass) while Buddha stands in the center of &quot;the fig tree of life!&quot; Lol! Well.. I want to wish you all health, luck, prosperity, and all the happiness in the world (and great tasting figs) in this new year! Maimai thank you for hosting this contest! You bring a wonderful energy with you & I enjoy that in all of your posts.. Happy New Year to all!

• maimai2
                          maimai2 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thank you Jamie for joining us . Thank you for the entry and thank you also for your nice words . Wish you the very best for the year of 2016

• GregMartin
                          GregMartin commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Love the hour glasses idea and love that you were posting this in the final minutes of the countdown! Really great stuff

What a beautiful entry!
                        Zone 7a in Virginia

Comment

So who won?

Comment

• maimai2
                            maimai2 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            In your opinion who should win this contest ? and why that person ? May I ask

• GregMartin
                            GregMartin commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Ha, you stepped into that one Hershell!

- All photographs must be entered before midnight of December 31, 2015
                          got it ! then I will be ... the donor , the judge

No Greg, I found the rules

Comment

Working...
                          X