X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRFG 2016 Scion exchange calendar

http://www.crfg.org/2016%20Scion%20Exchanges.html

I'll be at Golden Gate (volunteering) and Sacramento CRFG exchanges. I don't have fig cuttings to swap, but I do have Prime Ark Freedom blackberry plants in 1g airpots to swap or sell. PM me if you want me to bring any for you.
    Fig & Blackberry Farmer in Sunol, CA.

Comment

Anybody is going to the Los Angeles one?
      USDA z 10a, SoCal. WL: Raspberry Tart, Boysenberry Blush

Comment

I plan to go but I do not know which one is the best .

Comment

Originally posted by greenfig View Post
          Anybody is going to the Los Angeles one?
          I went last year and would love to go to L.A. again, but it sort of conflicts with the Orange County one. I plan to be at O.C. for sure, and then I might show up a little late to the L.A. Meeting.
          Coastal SoCal/ USDA Zone 10b / Sunset 22 / AHS Heat zone 2

Comment

• maimai2
            maimai2 commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you mean OC is your first priority ? If yes, then I will meet you there, and after that I will run to LA .
            I have to book the flight ticket to OC now hehehe

I just noticed a few of the SoCal CRFG scion exchanges aren't posted on that list in the link. I plan the be at the Foothill one too on Feb. 6.

Inland Empire chapter
          January 9
          1pm
          Jurupa Mountain Discovery Center
          7621 Granite Hill Dr.
          Riverside

San Diego
          January 27
          7pm
          Casa de Prado
          Balboa Park
          San Diego

Foothill Chapter
          February 6
          9:30am
          Lecture Hall A
          Arboretum of Los Angeles
          301 N. Baldwin Ave.
          Arcadia

Comment

MaiMai2,

Yes, the O.C. Meeting is my first priority. Its because its the closest and the one I am locally registered with, but its also a really big chapter. Most monthly meetings have 80-100 members in attendance. Of the 3 scion exchanges I went to last year, it had the most variety of different fruits, including a bunch of stuff I don't currently grow, like avocados, mulberries, dragon fruit, and cherimoya. However, last year, the L.A. scion exchange in Encino had the most fig enthusiasts and a nice fig selection. O.C. Had different varieties. But with all scion exchanges, it all depends on who shows up and donates each year.

I got two or three different fig varieties at each chapter. In addition to Preto, MBvs, Yellow Long Neck, UCD 143-36, I also got one scion each of Vista, Conadria, and Peters Honey, but I was unsucessful rooting those. There were a few other figs too that I didn't pick up between the three chapters I attended.

The two meetings are about 1 hour 20 mins. apart in no traffic.
            Last edited by Hanbury House; 12-29-2015, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• greenfig
              greenfig commented
              Editing a comment
              When you attend a meeting, do you buy the cuttings there or they are freely available?
              Thanks for posting the Foothill date, I will be there in Feb. 6.

Each chapter is slightly different in how they run their scion exchanges. If you aren't a CRFG member, some might charge you a participation/ entrance fee, like $5 or $7, but as far as the exchanges I have been to, the scion wood was FREE. It's an honor system to take no more than two of any single varietal.

The O.C. Chapter holds a separate sale of bare-root trees and berries the same day, but outside the barn where the scion exchange is taking place. Some chapters sell rootstock to graft on to.

Comment

Working...
            X