X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT Greenhouse heater blues

Well the moment of truth arrived today. The heater guy came to set up the heater. It appears that my free heater which was working when my friends took it down was not in safe storage. Bottom line someone removed parts for the copper and aluminum. It isn't worth repairing. I was looking for a new heater and am most likely going to go with this.
    http://www.lbwhite.com/products/Gree...a-Grow-Heater/
    They have a 120 BTU heater which should work for my greenhouse.
    Anyone have any experience? I have friends in NJ that sell them and say they are good and what they are using in there greenhouses. Just curious. I like the idea of better efficiency. The low ethylene gas levels are also appealing since ethylene causes bud drop in orchids (the figs would be ok with it). The good new is I can pick up the heater tomorrow (3.5 hour drive) and it could be in and running before the cold comes back.
    Last edited by newnandawg; 12-31-2015, 10:26 AM.
    NC Zone 7a-b

Good luck with your new heater. It's a real shame you couldn't use the one you already had, and it's amazing what people will steal for money.

Comment

• paully22
      paully22 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeh thieves prowling around -- got my 4 year old snow shovel stolen recently

Looks like something you need. Where will you locate it in your greenhouse so as to maintaine even heat distribution? Dose it blow in all directions?
    Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

The blues continue. The heater sits in the back of the van. We have had terrible rain storms which means no heater guy. I don't think he wants to come until next week and it will be getting cold outside soon. I think he is unhappy with my plastic end wall. All of the greenhouses he's worked on either had single wall plastic, polycarb or wood. I keep telling him we can do this and even drew a plan for him...
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
      NC Zone 7a-b

Comment

Note bottom of dead heater above.
        NC Zone 7a-b

Comment

We have a L. B. White 220 Plus in our greenhouse. Just got it installed about a month ago. Those things really now some air. We have a 96 ft greenhouse and when that thing kicks on the far end is the warmest with kinda a cold dead spot right underneath it. We hung it from the purlins in about ten feet in from the end. Should have put it smack up against the end wall

Comment

That what I am planning to do. Today I moved 200 plus orchids back into the cellar to keep them warm until the new heater is installed. I picked up the sheet metal from my heater guy who keeps telling me I will save a lot of money if I do some of this myself. The metal fits perfectly. Tomorrow I will turn on the inflation fan and cut out the opening. The side channels are already cut but I did not want to start it until tomorrow. I'm hoping it will go smoothly but giving myself extra time to get it done right. I called LB White and they said I could use plastic heat tubes with this heater. Once the center benches are complete I will run tubes under them. The center benches should then have the warmest roots and the side benches will be for the cooler growing plants.
            NC Zone 7a-b

Comment

Working...
            X