X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Monticello White Marseilles for postage or trade

**Update: the cuttings are all spoken for--if you've PM'd me prior to 8am on Wednesday, I'll get back to you tonight with a confirmation if I haven't already. I will also look into cheaper shipping options for non-trades, so they may end up being free-free! **

In reading through all the newbie info posts, I realized that I left way too many branches on my Marseilles..so I just cut off about 3 big branches from its octopus-like growth. For those of you who don't know, it's from the Monticello renovation of Jefferson's historic fig orchards in the 1980s. It is 100% definitely a clone of a Monticello-purchased cutting, and it does very well in ground here in 7a (without any protection for 3 years!). The figs I got this year were a gorgeous light green with a bright fuschia/red interior. If you have a French variety that I don't have yet to trade, great. No charge, we'll even it out by shipping to eachother. If you're a newbie with nothing to trade, give me a good sob story and you can just paypal me what it costs me to send it to you via USPS first class mail--usually about $3. I'll send 2 cuttings in each envelope, and would like to ship out this weekend. If you don't have anything to trade, same deal as if you're a newbie. I'm a sucker for cute dog/puppy/cat/kitten/hamster pictures, so that will do as well. Some of you have gotten my cuttings this year and can attest (please do!) that they're easy to root. First come, first served, and I can't ship to CA or overseas. Thanks for reading this far!
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
    Last edited by SarinaP; 12-30-2015, 07:25 AM. Reason: Cuttings are all given away--phew!
    Zone 7a in Virginia

I would be interested in a set. The only thing I have right now for trade is Hardy Chicago. PM me with info if interested in trade or not.
    Thanks
    Art
    Hi my name is Art. I buy fig cuttings-so I can grow more figs-so I can sell more figs-so I can buy more fig cuttings-so I can grow more figs....

Comment

The one time when living in CA feels like a curse

Comment

• SarinaP
        SarinaP commented
        Editing a comment
        http://www.figs4funforum.websitetool...fornia-7772687

This is what I'm going by... I can't risk my husband's security clearance by knowingly shipping without the proper paperwork, and that's kind of a pain... I'd rather not deal with the hassle, to be honest.

• smatthew
        smatthew commented
        Editing a comment
        Here's what I received when I asked CDFA about having fig cuttings sent to CA.

Hello Scott-
        To follow up our phone conversation, shipping fig cuttings into CA have no additional requirements. If they are being mailed, please make sure the outside of the box indicates the type of plant material and from where. They may be inspected for live pests and potentially rejected (destroyed) if any are found.

Thank you for checking with us!

Best regards,

• Cheekyjen
        Cheekyjen commented
        Editing a comment
        SarinaP, I completely understand and you are very generous for offering this. Thank you for sharing!

Smatthew, Thanks for the info. I think all the conflicting info makes it difficult to determine which way is up. But I will mention this in the future should any one be willing to try.

Will Bella's nap photo and a possible trade of something work? If you don't get too many offers.
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
      Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

• SarinaP
        SarinaP commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes!!!!! That is definitely worth some cuttings! Just PM me your address.

I got some of Sarina's cutting and they are rooting well. Nice cuttings

Comment

• SarinaP
        SarinaP commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks buddy! Hope you're doing well!

How about Louie?

Comment

• SarinaP
        SarinaP commented
        Editing a comment
        Absolutely! Cuttings for Louie! PM me your info.

If any are left send them to me,please. I visited there many times while I lived in Va I will send address by pm

Comment

How about this one? Quality isn't great but it's high in pathetic value
        2021: The year of figs and a new love of Citrus thanks to http://www.madisoncitrusnursery.com

Comment

• SarinaP
          SarinaP commented
          Editing a comment
          Hahahaha--love it! I even showed it to my dog, Charlie. He gets his baths in the kitchen sink.

Would you send me cuttings for postage, please?

Comment

If they are still available I would like to take you up on your generous offer. Don't have much to trade other than a purple unknown that I have been growing in ground for years. Everything else is small plants in one gallon containers without much to cut off. Our only pet is a 7 year old goldfish that I was having trouble photographing do to the flash. Postage not a problem. PM sent. Thanks.
          Bill - Long Island, NY 7a
          Wish List: Glacia Negra and any fig from Bari.

Comment

All gone--thank you for playing everyone! I'll be responding to the new PMs today once I get home but I think I have enough for everyone who PM'd me. I'll also look into cheaper shipping options for non-trades so perhaps can send them for free if you don't mind waiting for slower mail.
            Zone 7a in Virginia

Comment

Working...
            X