X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happening to my tree?

Tis tree I purchase from Ryan. Is very slow to grow but is starting to slow show small buds. Although I had inside my house under T5 lights but from move into greenhouse us now under 5 120watt grow bulbs. I have no overwater or underwater and temps stay between 80-90F. They started look like tis in house little but seem to worsen by the day. The edges are drying out and leaf is discoloration and spots. Idea?
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
    Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
    1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
    2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Mike, it sounds like the light in the greenhouse is more intense which is frying the leaves. The tree is fine, the new leaves will adjust just fine.
    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Should I remove current bad look leaf to encourage faster growth of buds?

Comment

• Hershell
        Hershell commented
        Editing a comment
        No, don't micromanage. If it wants it dropped it is more than capable and just changing locations and conditions can take a while for it to get acclimated to. If anything zip tie the leaf to it..lol

Ok!
      AHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Tis tooooo funny, Funny Man!! I'm sure the tree would learn good lesson never to drop another leaf!!! Ahahaha!!!!
      I would no want DCFS calling me for tree abuse!!
      -Department of Correcting Fig Services-
      👮🏼🚔
      😳😁😇
      Last edited by Taverna78; 12-30-2015, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• Hershell
        Hershell commented
        Editing a comment
        😁..

Ciao Funny Man,

So tonight I come home from job. You correct... She drop two leaf on her own but the buds look to open soon! I hope!

Comment

Sounds like all is good. Just an adjustment to her new home.
        Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

• Taverna78
          Taverna78 commented
          Editing a comment
          I hope. Is special tree to me. I hope I have first in tis city to prove they will grown fine

She is very possible going dormant. Or she wants to be shipped south to me🙂 You have my address and she would like it here.
        Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

Maybe I put paper bag on her and take out of greenhouse and let sleep few weeks? Or I can send to you free... Shipping is $3000.00😱 I joke at you funny man!

Comment

Hi Mike, I'm seeing the same thing as Scott. The temp might be a little too high. The tree should be fine.

The mother tree is a moderate-fast grower so your tree should pick up its growth once she's ready. Enjoy!
            Ryan aka churl82 on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/usr/churl82
            "wherever you stand be the soul of that place" ~ Rumi

Comment

• Taverna78
              Taverna78 commented
              Editing a comment
              Grazie for you response. I will maybe add more air flow vs lower temp. Because I have about 60 trees in there now growing and they seem love tis temps.

Ah! I will lower temps small and then I watch daily!

Comment

Mike, leave the temp... they are already adjusting to it.

Comment

Hello Mike.
                Your fig can adjust to a lot of different environments, you just have to do it slow.
                Good luck my friend and happy new year.
                Vito

Comment

• Taverna78
                  Taverna78 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Grazie Vito,
                  I will be patient! Happy New Year Cugino

Mail it FaboO! Mail it!
                Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

• Taverna78
                  Taverna78 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  As soon as I see some fruit I will mail an air layer to the winning bidder 😉
              Working...
              X