X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT this is a RANT

I am a very mellow guy, I never get angry, I never complain BUT I need to vent..........Why do I hate Amazon Prime

I have been an Amazon prime member for a couple of years. Last Renewal was just end of November. Not only does the Prime fee go up every year the only reason I use it is for the free 2 day shipping. In the past 6 months I have noticed that Prime shipping is taking more then the two days it use to. The last straw was of the last 8 orders I placed 7 of them all prime items have taken at least a week to arrive and the 8th one took 3 days. So last straw was my last order which is now taking over a week to arrive and had enough. So I contact customer service and tell them I want to cancel my Prime membership I just paid a month ago and expect a refund, prorated is fine. I get an email back from them in just a few minutes that they have cancelled my Prime but no word on the refund. So I check my bank account. Not only did they not refund me the $100.63 I paid them November 23 2015 they actually charged me AGAIN for another $100.63. So I email them and tell them of the screw up. Few minutes later I get another email from them apologizing for the mistake but for my inconvenience they are giving me an extra month of Prime for free.........

ARG
    Cutting sales start Nov 1 at 9PM eastern time as always at willsfigs.com

You can not win for losing,when the left hand does not what the right hand is doing.
    New Bern NC Zone 8a ,Wish list : Col de Dame Rimada ,Galica Negra

Comment

They may be wrestling with economies of scale.....they may solve the problem or maybe not. They also have to depend on third party to deliver. My pet peeve today is UPS using USPS for much of its deliveries. Where I live USPS is worse than bad. It sucks. The chain is only as strong as its weakest link.

Maybe Amazon will get its own door-to-door delivery fleet. They are or thinking about getting their own airplanes for shipping.

Good luck Wills, hope you get it worked out.
      Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

• don_sanders
        don_sanders commented
        Editing a comment
        Amazon deliver drones!

• growcrazie
        growcrazie commented
        Editing a comment
        I have had them drop off at USPS and drive past my house before the USPS delivers my package

• jmaler
        jmaler commented
        Editing a comment
        We have gang mail boxes with 4 large size boxes for parcels down the road from my house. Boxes too large are left at the post office 12 miles away. The mail carrier drives a small putput with not much room for many parcels. UPS comes to my door thus my frustration when UPS hands off to USPS.

My wife uses the prime A LOT... I did not know that the membership was pricey... I have noticed the very extended time line in the shipping, and it's not some items, it is most!.
      Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

I am done talking to those folks......leaving for the bank and will just dispute both charges.

Comment

Amazon beware!!!!!
          Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

I had questioned them about 2 day shipping as well. It turns out It's 2 day shipping AFTER they send your package out. So if you order on Monday, and they don't ship it out until Friday, you won't see that package until Monday, and they still get away with advertising it as 2 day shipping.

Comment

Haha, I had to laugh at that last part.... "for my inconvenience they are giving me an extra month of Prime for free"

Time to look into jet.com.

Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra, Rubado

Comment

I've noticed a few longer delivery times this year too. Nothing as bad as your experience though. For the most part, they have been 2-3 days at my door. Perhaps it's my location. If you have a good friend or family member you trust, you can split the Prime membership, as my brother and I do, otherwise, I couldn't justify the cost.
                Frank ~ zone 7a VA

Comment

I think it's location dependent. I often order things and choose the slowest shipping option for the promotional digital download credit. Even so, I'll often get things 2 days after ordering even choosing the 5 day delivery option. I must be near one of the warehouses or super close to their shipping routes.

I agree that Prime is pricey if you're just using it for the shipping. It makes more sense if you can split it. We've shared it with our parents, so covering several family households made the price more acceptable. Personally, we make use of the Prime free streaming videos. Complete seasons of Diego and Blue's Clues has proven a parenting lifesaver many times.
                  Johnny
                  Stuff I grow: Google Doc

Comment

• Kelby
                    Kelby commented
                    Editing a comment
                    There's a warehouse in the Lehigh Valley, I believe.

• jkuo
                    jkuo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ah, that would explain the speedy delivery. I sometimes even get things 1 day after ordering.

I bought prime because I stream stuff from the internet. i don't have cable TV. The free postage is just a bonus. I'm not concerned about how long they take. And the cost is cheap! Less than 10 dollars a month. Cheapest TV ever, besides broadcast TV. 800,000 free ebooks for my kindle. Cloud photo storage, lot's of cool features if you ask me.

Comment

Andrew for what you use it for a real bargain but for me I just use the shipping.

UPDATE

I received another email from them yet again apologizing and sending me a link for a free DL of some Panda kung fu movie when it premiers? I think they are screwing with me On a better note on my way back from errands I stopped at my bank. The CSR laughed at the story (don't blame her) and she said the banks have a US number they call so she said before you dispute the charges which will take a month let me call them on your behalf. I was dubious but in less than 2 minutes she had it all resolved and $100.63 TWICE refunded to me.

Just been having a rough week......

Glow plugs on my diesel tractor had failed so ordered new ones off of Ebay. Package arrived yesterday, here it is. For those that don't know that is a sediment bowl not 3 glow plugs and I sure don't live in CA. I contacted the seller and said umm, think you made a mistake. He apologized and yes my glow plugs are on the way to CA. He said just keep the sediment bowl and I am sending you another set of glow plugs. Told him send the plugs but I can ship this to CA just pay the shipping. He said ok I sent it this morning and he refunded me the shipping I paid already. That was CLEAR communication and doing the right thing, something Amazon should look in to.

Click image for larger version

Name:	oopsy.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	59680

Comment

Wills, go outside, take a nice walk through the figs, watch the ducks for a bit... take a big deep breath.... exhale... relax..... it's all good!!!

Comment

Remember when you used to hate going to the malls because of the traffic and the crowds? Now with online shopping the world is the new mall and delivery of products the new traffic nightmare.

I predict it will get worse before it gets better. All we can is hang on for the ride.
                        Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

I went on amazon, signed up for the free 6 month trial of prime, and they billed me the next day... what happened to FREE TRIAL. They did refund it two days later after I complained.
                          Hi my name is Art. I buy fig cuttings-so I can grow more figs-so I can sell more figs-so I can buy more fig cuttings-so I can grow more figs....

Comment

Kung Fu Panda Click image for larger version

Name:	Kungfupanda.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	59691is awesome

but you should hold out for Five Element Ninjas. Click image for larger version

Name:	9-100-Best-B-Movies-five-element-ninjas.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	59692

Don't settle!

Glad you finally got it all worked out. I generally just use the normal free shipping that takes about a week. Doesn't sound like it is any slower based off of your experience.

Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra, Rubado

Comment

Prime shipping really did fail us during the holiday season but it's already back to normal. My free Kung-Fu Panda 1 was a promotion for KFP 3, which comes out soon. KFP 2 will cost you money to rent or buy.
                              Bob C.
                              Kansas City, MO Z6

Comment

Originally posted by WillsC View Post

Glow plugs on my diesel tractor had failed so ordered new ones off of Ebay.
                                "Glow plugs". LOL! You're not fooling anybody.

Here's a video of Wills' pimped ride before he blew them up.

Neil
                                Reno, 6b

Comment

If you have Netflix and Amazon Prime for your TV, who needs cable and its 1000+ useless channels?
                                  Sarah
                                  Bay Area, CA (zone: 9B)

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyK View Post
                                    I had questioned them about 2 day shipping as well. It turns out It's 2 day shipping AFTER they send your package out. So if you order on Monday, and they don't ship it out until Friday, you won't see that package until Monday, and they still get away with advertising it as 2 day shipping.
                                    And yet, often times I can order an item with prime, and it's delivered the next day. That's not 2 day shipping! I'm outraged!
                                    Fig & Blackberry Farmer in Sunol, CA.

Comment

• Sarahkt
                                      Sarahkt commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      I get that too. It's a mixed bag depending on where the item is stored.

• smatthew
                                      smatthew commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      yeah, it sure helps being near a warehouse

Originally posted by smatthew View Post

And yet, often times I can order an item with prime, and it's delivered the next day. That's not 2 day shipping! I'm outraged!

If it was a day I would not be complaining I have got things in 1 day also but not lately. Now 5 business days is the average.

Comment

• WillsC
                                      WillsC commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Dr. Crawley shouldn't you be emailing me?

• Posturedoc
                                      Posturedoc commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Why, I believe I just did. Twice. The first was before my response above telling you I was having some temptation issues and once after that post telling you my self-control broke and to go easy on me.

I mean well.

I'll email something slightly more substantive later tonight or tomorrow. Right now I've got to figure out how to construct Thai pumpkin curry for my wife. It's my first effort in that direction and will require all of my attention not given to the football games occupying the other 90% of my mind while I cook.

• smatthew
                                      smatthew commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      I had the same issue as you with one item about a month ago. Took forever to even ship. If that happened every time I'd dump prime too.

I got the Kung-Fu Panda 1 email offer. I thought it was a fraud and delete the email. Guess I should have looked into it.
                                    Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

I am guessing that in the past 3 years that I've had Amazon Prime I've used it for about 100 orders. I am pretty sure that not even one order arrived more than 2 days after it was placed as long as my order was made by mid-afternoon. Sometimes I opt for no rush shipping to get a $1 credit for video streaming, etc. I did that for a couple of things I ordered just before I left for vacation for a week. I didn't mind waiting one bit at all.
                                      My fig photos <> My fig cuttings (starts late January) <> My Youtube Videos

Comment

• GregMartin
                                        GregMartin commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        The only time I've had delayed delivery was when ordering around Christmas last year. Now I avoid ordering during that time period like the plague. I was pretty annoyed with them for that one because they were still advertising that you'd receive it before Christmas. They should know if the shippers are backed up....that's on them if they're saying you'll get it before a certain date. But otherwise they've been pretty solid.

• HarveyC
                                        HarveyC commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        I ordered 5-6 days before Christmas and had them arrive in 2 business days. We have two Amazon distribution centers within an hour of here so I imagine that helps a lot.

The saga continues........while the bank got them to agree to refund the $100.63 the refunds did not happen till this morning and now they have refunded the $100.63 FOUR times. Which means I STILL need to once again talk to them.

Comment

• Harborseal
                                        Harborseal commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Not really
                                    Working...
                                    X