X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New home????

Just arrived, thanks Brian (CAJUNB)

I have now joined every new forum that I am aware of, I hope we all decide which one we are going to stick with. I had decided this morning that the F4F was no longer working for me, the quality of a forum is only as good as the contributors and somehow the F4F forum was something less without the old gang. Nothing against the new members but the quality of the posts, simply put, was not there for me.

I wish everyone well and hold no ill will against anyone from any of the other forums but this is my last stop.

How do you add a signature?

Danny K

Wish List - Any LSU fig

I agree Danny. I am really liking the feel of this one already. I'll still post on the other one, but I feel like this one will be home.

Click on your username, then go to 'Edit Settings' on the left (in blue).
    Click on the Account tab.
    Find the "Edit Post Signature" link and a box will pop up where you may enter your text.
    Frank ~ zone 7a VA

Comment

• Rafaelissimmo
      Rafaelissimmo commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr. Bennett-my sentiments exactly!

Hello Danny K,
    Welcome to Our Fig Forum...
    Hopefully we can continue the discourse about figs in this friendlier more relaxed community...

What Frank said.... Also the Help link opens a well laid out index of Instructions and FAQ's
    Good luck.
    Pete R - Hudson Valley, NY - zone 5b

Comment

Hello Danny and welcome to Ourfigs forum. Glad you stopped by and hope you will hang around.
      newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Comment

It's really good to see all of the old faces over here, well most anyway. And the unity of a United comunity except for Ascpete. Oh well if we must. Lol
        Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

• AscPete
          AscPete commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey, I saw that : )

• Hershell
          Hershell commented
          Editing a comment
          (:-

There is an elephant in the room though which we all ignore at our peril. A divided community will fail eventually, which would be a real shame, especially if it means Jon having a good laugh at our expense. Assuming this is the most popular of the 'alternative' forums, my hope is that all the others will eventually migrate over to this forum. Has everything been done to make them aware of our presence?

Comment

• Kelby
          Kelby commented
          Editing a comment
          Relevant threads on f4f were promptly deleted by the admin.

• Rafaelissimmo
          Rafaelissimmo commented
          Editing a comment
          No forum will be perfect but I have to say the complete absence of animosity here is noteworthy. I guess there is some division because a few loyalists have stayed away from here, like Herman. That is unfortunate, but it is the price of peace.

• Darkman
          Darkman commented
          Editing a comment
          IMHO there is a divided community and it is Figs4Fun. I wish them no ill will but they let it get carried away and to what end. It is sad!

Loquat,

Really hate to mention this but the fact is if you look at F4F online numbers at any given hour of the day and ours we went from way behind about 3 months ago to tied with F4F 1.5 months ago. A month ago we were beating F4F almost all the time and now this site has almost double the people F4F has on at any given time. Sure F4F has way more members but they are just ghosts, old members who never posted even once and people that have stopped posting. Far as good contributing members online at any given time we are way ahead.

Have made a conscious effort to not criticize the other forum but I think people were tired of being ignored and treated like dirt on the bottom of a shoe. Now that Aaron is once again posting on F4F (under an alt identity) it will only push more folks our way. The success this site has had is due to the members, we have had almost no issues, there has been no suspensions, no bans.....nothing.

Right now f4f has 4 members online......we have 27..........think that speaks volumes.
        Plant sales are closed until further notice.

Comment

• Kelby
          Kelby commented
          Editing a comment
          I have enough foolish activity of my own, thank you very much.

• WillsC
          WillsC commented
          Editing a comment
          Kelby I am open to bribes......Italian 258 will get Hershell in a quiet corner for awhile

• Kelby
          Kelby commented
          Editing a comment
          Haha! All I have for bribes is my charming personality.

A great opportunity to thank the creator(s) of this site/community again. I only see wonderful things ahead here. I was equally thrilled when I found F4F, but the luster soon wore off due to 1 individual and the reluctance to address the problem. True I didn't have to click on his threads but like a train wreck I couldn't look away, and I ended up feeling nauseous because of it. F4F's search is still a great resource, but time will give this forum an equally great library as well. I really wanted to like alanmercieca's site, but the layout just wouldn't let me. It certainly wasn't personal for me and I assume others as well, and sorry if he felt that way. Bravo to us all, we are the community, and I'm happy. =)

Regards,
        billy
        Middle Tn. - 7a
        Seeking: Chiappetta. Cuttings or plant. P.M. me an offer please. ~billy

Comment

Billy, well said.
          newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Comment

Billy could not agree more.
            Plant sales are closed until further notice.

Comment

Incredible site!!! Stumbled here looking for Blueberry information on the sub forum...was already a F4F member but recently joined... Im not sure what went on there, but apparently there was a bunch of problems...regardless of all that, this site was clearly much better, better HUD, Display, User interface, most of all.. A better community!!!

Comment

Danny,

I noticed that you haven't edited your Signature Line or Avatar...
                The directions are linked in the Index of Frequently Referenced Topics, http://www.ourfigs.com/forum/figs-ho...erenced-topics
                Good Luck

BTW,
                Billy,

Well said!

Pete R - Hudson Valley, NY - zone 5b

Comment

Working...
                X