X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Fig of 2016

Well, I didn't have to wait long for my first fig of 2016. Went out and found this Zingarella. It is kind of smooshed in the picture because my 2 year old said it was ready to eat and grabbed/squeezed it. It was good looking, but pretty bland, but then I don't expect a lot out of figs that ripen this time of year.

It is supposed to be a good one, so I will reserve judgement until I eat some summer figs.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Nice!
    Zone 7a in Virginia

Comment

Nice can't wait to try this one myself..
      Iowa Z5

Comment

It's safe to say that I'm super jealous. I wish I had a fresh fig right now.

Comment

Dang. 2 months from my last and at least 6 months til my next!
          https://www.figbid.com/Listing/Browse?Seller=Kelby
          SE PA
          Zone 6

Comment

It has been freakishly hot down in Florida this fall/winter. This year was our hottest year on record. As nice as that might sound to some of you right now, 85 and humid for darn near 12 months out of the year is not much fun. Although most of my fig trees are dormant, but a few are still growing.

The nasty hot weather finally broke and it looks like we will get a cool stretch for a while, so this should send all my figs into dormancy.

Comment

I'm curious....With temps that haven't gotten below 48F, how did your trees go dormant?

Some of my trees didn't want to go to sleep with temps in the low 30s.
              Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra, Rubado

Comment

Don - I am no expert, but I think dormancy is impacted by factors other than temp alone - like the shorter daylight hours and for us, lack of rain.

Comment

Is this a breba or early season fig, or a late fig from last season? Or is your climate so good there is no off season
                  Ed
                  SW PA zone 6a

Comment

This is a late fig from last season. I usually do have an off season - but this year it has been very warm.

Comment

Working...
                    X