X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Durio Nursery

Just wondering if anyone can give me feedback on their experiences with this company. I saw on another post that it took a while to get a hold of the owner. About how long does it really take to place an order and get it shipped out? Any insect or nematode problems? They have several figs that I am interested in, but I don't want to get burned. Thank you.

For me at least, the experience seems positive working through Calvin as many of us in Colorado did a group buy.

I'm sure that the nursery was overwhelmed with emails and orders, especially after the sale being posted on at least the two fig forums.

I received my tree in excellent condition with great roots approximately 2 feet tall with no apparent issues.
    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

It took a few weeks but he does deliver. Mine might have been delayed because they weren't dormant yet.
      Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Comment

Very good . Thanks.

Comment

Any time.
          Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

If I understand his process for ordering you have to mail in your order with your credit card inormation. As of this year his shipping is $50 flat rate. I have an order for 5 plants ready to post. I'm just procrastinating wondering if I should buy a few more plants to spread the shipping cost.
            Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

I contacted him by email before I made an order to ask some questions. He promptly replied and answered my questions, one thing he said was "It's just me here.." so keep that in mind while trying to be patient.
              You send him a written/typed order and I sent a check. I sent him a couple emails in the weeks following, first I couldn't remember if I gave him my email address because I wanted a tracking number, and then another later to see if he had received my order. I got no reply to either. About a month after ordering I got an email from UPS about a shipment being placed from Durio. All in all the whole process was similar to ordering scion from UCD, no word until one day you get an email from UPS informing you of an upcoming shipment with a tracking #.
              My 3 fig trees were all about 2.5-3ft tall, dormant and otherwise healthy looking with good roots, I think I only trimmed the roots from one of them just a bit. No sign of nematodes or other unwanted insects. This spring, once they start to show a little activity I will prune the top off of them to the desired height for scaffold planning.
              Calvin, Wish list is to finish working on the new house, someday.
              Bored? Grab a rake, paint roller, or a cordless drill and come over!

Comment

Great feedback. Thank you.

Comment

I've been to durio nursery which is a pretty big place and at the time he was only there on weekends by himself because he had a regular job during the week. This was summer before last and I'm not sure if things have changed or not but that is probably why it is hard to get in touch with him but he is not out to rip anyone off and I'm sure no in has anything to worry about.
                  Ryan- CenLa, zone 8a/b

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

I called and spoke with him today. He seems like a decent guy. He isn't available until 7pm (probably that regular job, like you said), so that's why it is so hard to contact him. I'm looking forward to placing my order.

Comment

Working...
                      X