X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repost from Blueberry forum SWD

Not sure how many of you read the blueberry forum Thanks for posting this Barry.

Go Dawgs

http://www.ourfigs.com/forum/blueber...ila-management

I know there are other efforts as well I hope someone is successful in helping us with this pest. I do believe this is our major pest concern for figs and many other small fruits that had been mostly pest free. Those of you that have not been bothered yet you will and very well might have them have but just not identified the issue. When I was asking about them 3 years nobody was reporting issues with figs. I am not sure if their spread has been that fast or folks are just more aware what to look for.
    Phil North Georgia Zone 7 Looking for: All of them, and on and on,

Thanks for posting this here as I never use the bb forum. After googling the little fly bug I recongnized the tiny maggots that I had seen on my blackberries last season. At the time I wondered what made such a tiny maggot. Yes the berry was ruined. It had a spot on it about the size of the little finger nail or larger, turned brown and mushy that taste fowl and sour.
    Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

I planted all of my blueberries, blackberries, citrus and figs last year. I had no idea there were so many things looking to deprive me of the pleasure of eating them. SWD, RKN, CLM, HLB, rust, thrips, leaf-footed bugs, etc. I've got an arsenal in my garage to fight off as many as I can, but I hope it's not a losing battle.
      Houston, TX Zone 9a

Comment

Working...
      X