X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSU Scott's Black Fig Tasting

An excellent LSU variety.

https://youtu.be/NUfPXVA8vmI

One of my favorites. I generally like them ripe but not over ripe personally.
    Don - OH Zone 5b/6a

Wish list: @Your favorite fig and Black Ischia UCD, Zaffiro, Craven's Craving, Izmir/Iznot, Thermalito, Kesariani, Calderona

Comment

A ripe Scott's Black is an excellent fig.
      Johnson1
      Zone 9b
      S of Tampa Bay, FL

Comment

Nice view Lance!

Comment

I’m excited to maybe taste this one next year.
          Willamette Valley Oregon, zone 8b. WL: zaffiro, Black Tuscan, rodgrod, campaniere, CLBC, de la Gloria, thermalito, del sen juame gran, Sangue dolce, St Martin, Jack Lily, vincenzo, verdolino, hmadi, Syrian dark, raasti

Comment

Scott's Black is a really nice fig, good production and looks and taste great. Unfortunately seems to want to split for me here but it's still worth trying to get a few
            JLB zone 8b south Mississippi. Wish list really good figs thay don't split with all this dang humidity

Comment

• Mangoman
              Mangoman commented
              Editing a comment
              That is strange! I have it here and it is one of the few that will not split. Even through 20 days of continuous rain

• JLB
              JLB commented
              Editing a comment
              Mangoman last year was the first and only year I had fruit and it was a splitter. This year no fruit due to transplant set back it was in ground 8ft tall and I dug it up and potted it. But I'm not sure if splitting was from rains or the nightly humidity I would love to get good figs I really like this variety

I’m just not sure what it is about your videos but I like watching them, maybe it’s that you spend a lot of time on the fruit characteristics after you half it. I watch everyone’s just for fun. Curious what personality puts out videos next! Great job
            8a/8b = 86 In-ground trees (2011) & 30 in 25 Gallon Pots (2018)

"It isn't over till I'm all figged out"

Comment

• Lance
              Lance commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanx. I just try to include what I would like to know. I feel like I sometimes miss some things. Are there additional characteristics I should be including?

• backyardfigs
              backyardfigs commented
              Editing a comment
              Lance I’m no expert. But I like to hear about eye which you cover. I like when people talk about skin taste and chewy or etc. Also I would to know if the taste lingers. Which I I have found with many of mine. Example black Madeira is just like a candy taste after a while. My rdb for some reason 5 seconds turns kinda of vegetable like. I have a one Celeste that makes my tongue sizzle. Weird I know. Wonder if anybody else gets these aftertaste.

• Lance
              Lance commented
              Editing a comment
              Good to know.
          Working...
          X