X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown Brooklyn Dark JP Cuttings Available

Here is a story of another Brooklyn Tree saved from extinction. A friend of mine named JP received a call from a friend of his who is a landscaper in Brooklyn. He told him he received a call to get rid of a couple of huge fig trees that were at a house in the Midwood section of Brooklyn. The house had been sold and the new owners didn't want the trees and they needed to be removed before they signed the contract.
    When he arrived at the house the trees were loaded with dark purplish figs. He and his crew started eating them and they all raved at how good they were. So he called JP, and they dug up these huge trees and transported them to JP's home here in Northern NJ and replanted them on JP's property. I came over to see them about a month later and I was filled with joy that these trees were doing so beautifully and going to have a new life. I told JP that they needed a good haircut sometime after Thanksgiving and I would love to come and prune it and grow some out and pass some around to other interested fig people. I came by at the beginning of December and wound up with a small bunch of really nice cuttings.
    It really is a lot of fun collecting fig trees from Brooklyn.
    So I am offering up what we will call "Unk Brooklyn Dark JP".
    I can send 3 nice cuttings to those interested for $10.00
    Paypal to: (send as cash to "family and Friends"):
    [email protected]
    Please include your address and your forum name
    USA ONLY PLEASE !!!
    Coop
    Last edited by Coop; 01-06-2016, 09:28 PM.

Nice story, Coop! Someone will get lucky.
    I was considering myself but have no room...
    USDA z 10a, SoCal. WL: Raspberry Tart, Boysenberry Blush

Comment

Do they look like Mt Etnas?
      Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Comment

Hi Bob
        I have some pictures somewhere, but if I was a betting man, I would say the characteristics of the leaf and color of the fruit points towards Mt. Etna, but am most comfortable calling this an Unknown

Comment

• Harborseal
          Harborseal commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks.

Nice story, Coop. Glad that they were saved.

Would love to see the pictures if you can find them.
        Kevin (Eastern MA - Zone 5b/6a)

Comment

At this point, please pm first before you send paypal.
          They are going fast
          coop

Comment

This great tree from brooklyn will live on.
            Was a great response.
            All gone.
            Thanks and good luck everybody

Comment

Working...
            X