X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Figlets

All potted up and no where to go. These are rooted cuttings and seedlings. I'm also trying to grow Capri figs in hopes of introducing fig wasp here, that's the reason for so many seedlings. Hopefully half of them will be caprifigs.
    Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

They look so happy compared to mine. I'm pretty sure mine have PTSD from the hell that I've put them through. Good luck with them.
    Brett in Athens, GA zone 7b/8a

Comment

• Chrisk
      Chrisk commented
      Editing a comment
      We also live in north GA buddy. Don't forget it was in the low teens a couple of days ago but like I always say, better days are coming!

Those look great, Wills. I'm also growing some caprifigs with the hope of establishing wasps here in West Sonoma County. I'll look forward to hearing of your success.
    Gary USDA 9A
    Sebastopol, CA

Comment

Great looking plants, Hershell. Good luck with the wasp project, can't wait to hear the progress.
      Von, Northern VA 7a

Comment

Hershell, the seedlings look great! Look at that greenery
        I wonder if the babies will resemble the mother plants in any way. Do you keep track of the seed's varieties?
        USDA z 10a, SoCal. WL: De la Roca, Lampeira Prush, Bass’ Favorite Fig, Raspberry Tart, Cavaliere

Comment

• Hershell
          Hershell commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm trying to keep up with the varieties of the seedlings but it's getting difficult with so many

Hershel they look great. Do you keep them mostly in the Greenhouse?

Comment

• Hershell
          Hershell commented
          Editing a comment
          Chris. All of these stay in the dome. The larger trees are in another greenhouse.

Ah they are so cute. Just wait until they grow up. Hope you get the wasps to take. Then I can come down and get some wasp for my figs.
        NC Zone 7a-b

Comment

I did fail to mention that the seed were from greenfig. Thanks again Igor.
          Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

Looks like you've been busy this winter, Hershell. You're gonna be even busier this upcoming spring, too. Looks awesome!
            Faith, family, friends and figs. (Not necessarily in that order).

Comment

Working...
            X