X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Figs named Sal

So...being a newbie and doing my best to keep from loving my cuttings to a watery death, I'm working on building a database of the varieties I have and I've gotten to Sal's GS. Wouldn't you know it, I find quite a few figs called Sal bug can't seem to find info on Sal's GS specifically (as well as pics of fruit and leaves).

Would someone edumacate me on this fig, please?

Thank you.
    Bryant...Franklin County, VA...Zone 7a. Wish List: a 32 hour day....more sleep

Sal's Gene Strain. Believe it used to be sold by Edible Landscape and they decided it was the same as Chicago Hardy. You will get differed opinions if they are the same I think it was just called Sals when they sold it. Search on Sal's Gene Strain on f4f will find lots of info
    Phil North Georgia Zone 7 Looking for: All of them, and on and on,

Comment

So.... Sal's GS = Sal's EL = Chicago Hardy/Hardy Chicago/Bellaclare?

I think the Tower of Babel must have been built as a monument to fig naming.
      Bryant...Franklin County, VA...Zone 7a. Wish List: a 32 hour day....more sleep

Comment

Sal's GS should be the same as Sal's EL. Herman2 once said Sal's is slightly hardier than Hardy Chicago, but in my yard they are pretty much identical.
        https://www.figbid.com/Listing/Browse?Seller=Kelby
        SE PA
        Zone 6

Comment

Working...
        X