X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct humidifier mist

In my small greenhouse I have my trees, cupped cutting rooted and I by 2 direction humidifier that makes humid smoke. Is Bad to have humid smoke directly into tree or bin with cup cutting or should I am the smoke into the open with the fan blowing?
    Last edited by COGardener; 01-16-2016, 02:29 PM.
    Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
    1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
    2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Mike,

It is just fog no smoke and just raises humidity. I have same thing in my propagation room except I use ultrasonic foggers. I have them under the circulation fan so the fog rises and the fan distributes it. Don't think it would hurt anything blowing on the plants at all but could make the soil in those cups too wet.
    Cutting sales start Nov 1 at 9PM eastern time as always at willsfigs.com

Comment

Capise! I will redirect so no go in bins! Grazie!

Comment

Just curious, are these warm or cool air humidifiers? I use cool air humidifier in my smokehouse for cold smoking, but have thought about a warm air one for plants and sprouted cuttings in my grow room.
        Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

It feel warm to me but no hot or cold. In middle.... Is Walgreen brand. Make a lot of mist! But 4 gal per 24 our it is greatly speed up waking up of trees although.

Comment

I show you
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

The hot humidifiers use a boiler and it is just steam the cool humidifiers just use an ultrasonic disc.

Comment

I think tis one temp of fog depend on temp of water. When I change new tank is lil on cool side but after in GH for couple hour is same temp as air in GH.
                Should i leave on hour on 1/2 our off round clock or just leave on 24/7?

Comment

• jmaler
                  jmaler commented
                  Editing a comment
                  75 -80 % humidity should work. I wouldn't think you would not need water runnig down the sides of your greenhouse or raining down from the roof.
                  Here is a controller I looked at when I built my smokehouse if your unit does not have a builtin controller. http://www.zoro.com/dayton-line-volt...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Mine runs 24/7

Comment

• Taverna78
                  Taverna78 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Grazie!

Right now is 80F+ and 78% humid

Comment

• jmaler
                  jmaler commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sounds like that should really grow figs. Are you running a small fan to circulate the air. Do you expose the environment to some fresh air on occasions?

I have small desk fan ontop of heater face up to move air around because heat rise sì? Is no like wind tunnel. Leafs no even move. The real only fresh air is when I open door to go in or out. Should there be more air flow fm so leafs are moving? Although if I do tis the humid fog will no be as cloudy and be disbursed all over be directly at the plants.

Comment

Tis is Tuesday vs today on growth speeds....
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Why is there water on the leaves? If there is always water on the leaves I would think it's too much humidity. What do others think?
                    Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

No I spray mist on them before photo. I have been misting little bit to help get salt dust off them...

Comment

Working...
                      X