X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portland, Oregon

A hello to everyone from PDX , on my way to my fig trees. Will have a chance to get a plumeria cutting to a ourfigs member as promised.

You get around!
    Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Comment

Was i on your list????????????
      Wish List -

Comment

• maimai2
        maimai2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Coll de Dama Roja (MP) ? I do have that .
        Is it possible that you give me a list of what you have so we can trade ?

I guess it depends on where in Connecticut you are Dave.
      Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Yesterday I was in Oregon, today I am back to Texas .
        Weather in Portland , Oregon by the time I left was 52 degree F but wet . Arrived at 3:00 pm today ---> DFW , 32 degree F but dry/cold/sunny ,

One day, just enough time to fill a backpack with fig scions and some trees , get ready for Europe .

A fig adventure will begin Wednesday Jan 28, heading London first .......

Last edited by maimai2; 01-24-2016, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Does anyone here suggest me to go first ?
          Look for fig trees in Regent Park ? Well, it is quite large there . Any specific location in Regent Park ?
          A Chelsea tree 5' high is already waiting for me in London, but I still want to visit the famous big one at a hotel, near the Thames river

Comment

If you get to Borough Market, get the grilled cheese sandwich from Kappacasein--it's AMAZING. It will be the vendor with the longest line--just ask where to find the grilled cheese guy. Have fun!
            Zone 7a in Virginia

Comment

Lucky You! Keep us posted;
              WL: English Brown turkey, Improved celeste, Ishia Black, Cravens Craven, Fico Preto, CDD Roja, golden riverside, Violette de Sollies, White Madiera, I 258,

Comment

You really jump right in, don't you? Sounds like a fun trip. Don't forget to post pictures.
                Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra, Rubado

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VuC_l3ymXhM

Comment

Heading DFW to Heathrow, UK today ---> on my way to fig hunting in Europe . Will arrive London early tomorrow

Comment

Have fun!
                      Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra, Rubado

Comment

Mai - safe travels. Keep us updated with photos of your adventure!
                        May the Figs be with you!
                        ​​​​​

Comment

Arrive London Jan 28 . Very nice weather : dry and not cold . Difference in time made me sleep all day and wake up when Lodoners go to sleep . My Gosh ! doing nothing yet. ...

Comment

Jet lag.... You get used to it

How long flight
                            Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
                            1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
                            2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

10 hours flight . They all sleep now, only me who is awake !
                              Cuttings are in, all roots from plants were removed . Exactly BARE ROOT, no kidding
                              Will start to do (friendly) trading tomorrow with some European fig fellows ...

Comment

Exciting Mai!
                                Greg, Maine, zone 5. Wish List: Green Michurinska

Comment

Your grand daughter is very talented! Good luck. Take advantage of your nocturnal alertness and go raid some fig trees!

These threads talk about some interesting places if you're interested.

http://www.ourfigs.com/forum/figs-ho...ig-enthusiasts

There's at least 1 more but I can't find it. Have fun!
                                  Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Comment

The four musketeers ---> ready for fig hunting at Regent Park

These 3 little guys live 1 block away from Regent Park . They have been playing tennis at RP every Saturday, so they sure know every corner of this Park .

For short cut, we entered a private garden reserved for local residents

The garden is quite big, with many tulips and winter flowers . Some cherry trees start to bloom . After 1 hour searching we found no fig tree !

In order to go to RP, the young man told his grandma that we have to go through a tunnel

It is called The Nurse's Maid Tunnel

Wow ! the tunnel is so long

Last edited by maimai2; 01-31-2016, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Your grandchildren look wonderful Mai. You must be quite proud.

Comment

Our tools for fig hunting purpose :

$1.00 disposable fig cutter , it works very well

Comment

Sounds like a great trip! Enjoy the time with family.
                                          Bryant...Franklin County, VA...Zone 7a. Wish List: a 32 hour day....more sleep

Comment

Please identify this fig :

A family friend in London gave me 2 cuttings of this fig without a name, just a picture of it

Comment

• don_sanders
                                              don_sanders commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              That's an interesting purple color. Is it true to life?

• maimai2
                                              maimai2 commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              Yes it is true to life. The picture is from a very reputable/honorable source . I got 2 rooted cuttings from my son-in-law's friend as a gift of England . However that person did not tell the name (variety) of the cuttings. I will bring home one cutting and leave the other in London, just in case mine somehow cannot reach destination. Hopefully by the Summer it will bear fruits and we.have better idea .

Comment

You will most likely need to grow it out to start the identification process. Along with the out side of the fig, you will need the inside and a leaf pattern. It will be a fun adventure to figure out what it is.
                                              Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Working...
                                              X