X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are all the Yellow figs?

I think my Mary Lane Seedless is extremely beautiful and I end up using it in a lot of photos, but I wish I had a few more really pretty yellow figs. Does anyone have or know of any other yellow varieties that are being grown? I've seen pictures of other yellow figs but have not seen them being grown. What I want is really clean looking attractive yellow figs. thx.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

LSU Gold, Golden Celeste / Champagne, 278-128, and Deanna come to mind. Also, Janice Kadota:
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
    Tony WV 6b
    https://mountainfigs.net/

Comment

• figpig
      figpig commented
      Editing a comment
      I have lsu gold. I have many cuttings started if you like to trade? I have a few others champagne etc but only have enough for me but have lots of small lsu golds.

• mountainfigs
      mountainfigs commented
      Editing a comment
      I have Champagne and LSU Gold, which I have neglected in the past. Will look to take better care of these this year. More high quality dark figs are easier to grow than light figs, at least for those of us in marginal fig growing areas, so light figs sometimes get lower priority. Don't have any Janice cuttings to trade at the moment. Again, neglected it. Hopefully this year will be different.

http://www.ourfigs.com/forum/variety...ellow-longneck

A very pretty fig. Some times with a slight red blush if the sun hits it.
    SoCal, zone 10.
    www.ourfigs.com Invite your friends.

Comment

The Golfen Celeste I have is not yellow, it is brown.
      My Long Yellow is yellow. I also read that K-7-11 is a yellow fig too but I have not tasted it yet.

http://www.hawaiifruit.net/FIgsgrid/pages/K-7-11.htm
      USDA z 10a, SoCal. WL: De la Roca, Lampeira Prush, Raspberry Tart, Boysenberry Blush

Comment

Excel gave me very nice looking figs.
        Frank ~ zone 7a VA

Comment

I have a Lemon fig that produces huge yellow fruit. I was not very impressed with flavor, kinda bland.

Comment

• mgginva
            mgginva commented
            Editing a comment
            I have a 5 foot tall Lemon in a 15 gallon pot that is crazy productive and produces huge figs. Taste-wise I would not call it a desert fig but if you have some way of using the figs like preserves or stuffing them, etc. then it's a great tree.

• lewi
            lewi commented
            Editing a comment
            There are several versions of Lemon. Mine is very tasty and jammy, but it took 6-7 years for it to taste that good...

Harvey sells a long neck yellow with a mild flavor that he likes. Unknown OC that I call hearty flavor and may eventually be called Encanto Honey tastes great. I think Unkn OC tastes better than any honey fig I've tried. If you let the sun shine on the figs of Panache they turn yellow. I love yellow figs, too and I'm sure I'll think of more, later.
          Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Comment

I'm starting Lebanese Yellow 'Beeka' which from the pictures look yellow. I have no idea how hardy they will be.
            NC Zone 7a-b

Comment

Bought Mary Lane Seedless, Deanna, Alma and White Marseilles form an online nursery. They all supposed to be kind of yellowish.
              Otmani - Dallas, TX - Zone 8a
              Wish List: Col de Dame Blanche, Brogiotto Bianco, Sicilian White, Panache

Comment

The pictures of Tashkent look like it is very yellow. I will see how it does this year as the plants are still small. They were started in late summer.
                NC Zone 7a-b

Comment

• bella_ figura
                  bella_ figura commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I just bought some Tashkent cuttings earlier this week, due to arrive next week. It looks to be a great fig.

LSU Jack Lily and Yugo Yellow are yellow and excellent tasting. There's LSU Scott Yellow, Cajun Gold.
                Checkout Bass's collection re Barada, Sumacki, Figoin etc

Comment

Excel is another yellow fig that I've heard nothing but rave reviews about.
                  Otmani - Dallas, TX - Zone 8a
                  Wish List: Col de Dame Blanche, Brogiotto Bianco, Sicilian White, Panache

Comment

• paully22
                    paully22 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ripens late here, after mid Oct

This variety came from Almost Eden, labeled Banana.
                  The photos on the website don't match my results, but maybe main crop is darker than Breba, which is all I've managed to ripen in Zone 6B. These Photos are from mid September.
                  The description of the plant's slow growth habit is spot on: It's been in a 5-gallon bucket for two years, and is slightly below 3' in height.
                  For my taste buds, it's a worthwhile variety even though main crop is too late. It has a good amount of seed crunch, more figgy flavored than expected, thin skinned and juicy. Not just a honey fig, it has a little something extra.
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

• Hershell
                    Hershell commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks for your description Rui, I have just rooted some and was wondering if they were worth while.

• CliffH
                    CliffH commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Do you have pictures of the inside? Thanks.

I just wanted to thank you all for posting. I was in a nasty accident (car) - all is OK but I kind of dropped off the map and hope you all didn't / don't think I'm rude for starting a thread then flaking out.
                  thx
                  mgg
                  At some point after harvest I'll post pictures of my yellow figs for you to see.

Comment

• eboone
                    eboone commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Glad you are ok Michael. Looking forward to the pictures and reports on yellow figs

• jmaler
                    jmaler commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Glad you are OK Michael. My White Texas Everbearing in ground is very sweet fig @ 50g. This year 100's brebra that all aborted as usual for here. Main crop starts early August here in 8b. When crop is large will continue til November. Fig taste better with hot long days, not so good with cool short days.

Champagne, not a clean looking fig due to the sugar spots that develop when they are fully ripe, but definitely "Yellow".
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 5 photos.
                  Pete R - Hudson Valley, NY - zone 5b

Comment

Here's a nice yellow fig that I found unexpectedly yesterday evening at a new friends back yard/ farm. Yellow with a nice red center ,looks like Atreano to me but any guess is more than welcome. Productive and very healthy looking tree, we had a hard time finding a fully ripe fig since the birds( hundreds of them) grab them as soon as they start to droop. Excellent sweet flavor.
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 6 photos.

Comment

Fico de Capo Verde
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4369.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	35273

newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Comment

Figo Branca

Name:	IMG_4289.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	35276
                        newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Comment

• mgginva
                          mgginva commented
                          Editing a comment
                          My figo branco tree really put out great figs this year.

Name:	image_5097.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	35321 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_5099.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	171.0 KB
ID:	35322

Long yellow, tastes like a ripe sweet cantaloupe, very juicy. 3 year old tree in a pot , pollinated.
                        Last edited by greenfig; 08-16-2015, 03:38 PM.
                        USDA z 10a, SoCal. WL: De la Roca, Lampeira Prush, Raspberry Tart, Boysenberry Blush

Comment

• Fruitaddict
                          Fruitaddict commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Whoa! That's looks tasty

• figpig
                          figpig commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That is one awsome fig you have there. Looks like a thick tasting fig

here is a yellow one for you. "kitrinosyka karyas"
                        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                        andreas-patras Peloponnisos Greece zone 9a

Comment

• mgginva
                          mgginva commented
                          Editing a comment
                          What a beautiful fig!

My best yellow fig this year so far is Shiblawi. Very sweet and very large. It seems to be the ants favorite as well.
                        Cutting sales on willsfigs.com started Nov 1 and will continue till about March 1.

Comment

Jack lily on the left, Lsu gold on the right. I'm glad you are ok Michael!
                        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
                        Ryan- CenLa, zone 8a/b

Comment

• mgginva
                          mgginva commented
                          Editing a comment
                          thx.

My Tashkent pleased me this year with great figs. It was the first productive year for this variety. Last year we had just couple, the rest was dropped. Now my tree is around 3 yo.
                        Long Yellow gave us quite a few figs for such a young plant
                        1-5 - Tashkent fig
                        6-8 - Long Yellow
                        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 8 photos.
                        Last edited by Nicole; 10-05-2018, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• crademan
                          crademan commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Those are really pretty figs, Nicole. Thanks for posting the photos. How does Tashkent taste?

• Nicole
                          Nicole commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It tasted very good honey-melony kind of taste, and I'm pretty sure it will be only improving as the tree is maturing. I tasted this variety in Uzbekistan...very yummy..this fruit can be even juicier and slightly larger
                          Last edited by Nicole; 10-07-2018, 01:33 AM.

I’ve got Yellow Lebanese, if your interested in it I can make you an Air Layer next spring

Comment

• crademan
                          crademan commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Please tell us more about Yellow Lebanese, fig Lewbowski. What flavor family does it belong to?

• fig Lebowski
                          fig Lebowski commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It’s a honey fig.

Tena is a clear-skinned, bright yellow fig that is very sweet.
                        Don, Danmark

Comment

Working...
                        X