X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended Liquid Fertilizer?

Can someone recommend a liquid fertilizer for cuttings being rooted in soil? And can I add Limestone directly to soil to balance the PH?

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
    Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
    1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
    2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

• SmyFigs
      SmyFigs commented
      Editing a comment
      Oooh, thx!!!

Dynagro grow or foliage pro. And yes you can add limestone right away.
    Rotterdam / the Netherlands.
    Zone 8B

Comment

• SmyFigs
      SmyFigs commented
      Editing a comment
      Thx! Im fairly new at figs (Sept 2015) abd, although Ifeel I have learned A TON,i have so much yet to learn so being on this and other forums is really great help! Thank you & Taverna78!

• smatthew
      smatthew commented
      Editing a comment
      Foliage Pro is pretty great stuff

Whatever you use, make sure to dilute it. Too heavy a shot, even the normal dilution, is too much. 1/2 strength is often recommended at first.
    Rafael
    Zone 10b, Miami, FL

Comment

• SmyFigs
      SmyFigs commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Rafael. It makes sense what u & Sarah recommend.

I only fertilize maybe every other watering on cuttings that already have roots and leaves, and when I do I've been alternating between all-purpose MIracle Grow and Neptune's Harvest Organic hydrolyzed fish and seaweed fertilizer (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rch_detailpage), both at half-strength or less.
    Sarah
    Bay Area, CA (zone: 9B)

Comment

• SmyFigs
      SmyFigs commented
      Editing a comment
      Half strenght for synthetic fertilizers is probably ideal to keep from burning new roots, right? I figured I would get many recommendations on brands but its all helpful! The link is great! Thx, Sarah

• Sarahkt
      Sarahkt commented
      Editing a comment
      That's true, but also I figure they are small at this point, with not many roots and not too demanding nutrition-wise yet. Don't want to build up too much excess in the cups.

They seem good with the alternating fertilizers. When the next batch of cuttings is ready to exit the humidity bins I'd like to try a side-by-side comparison of organic-only vs. MG to see how effective they are relative to one another.

Floralicious Plus. A little bottle seems to last forever.
    Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra

Comment

• SmyFigs
      SmyFigs commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your suggestion, Don.

I use Floralicious throughout the season on up-potted and established plants. I am not sure if it is appropriate for a cutting in a cup.
    Rafael
    Zone 10b, Miami, FL

Comment

• COGardener
      COGardener commented
      Editing a comment
      What if it were to be diluted by 75%?

• Rafaelissimmo
      Rafaelissimmo commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Scott

My thought is that a rooting cutting should have diluted but balanced nutrients. Floralicious is full of minerals and micronutrients but I don't believe it has all the nutrients you may need, so for that reason I would not use it. Its not a dilution issue.

Rafa

Good points here!!

Comment

Working...
    X