X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shiblawi or Siblawi same or different?

OK, Bass has a shiblawi fig and Wills listed on his 2015 sale a siblawi fig. Are these the same or different varieties? Also anybody have any info on these?

hey Andrew I did some search and bass said his might be a salem dark... i'm interested in wills (he said it's really sweet) but I think I want to get the plant instead of the cutting since i'm a newbie and only a couple of my cuttings are rooting.

Comment

Very different. Siblawi is by far the sweetest fig I have ever tasted. Some would say it is insipid as it has no real figgy flavor it is just sweet sweet sweet. I had to put tanglefoot on the stems to keep the ants off as they would ignore the other figs and swarm this one.
      Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

Wills can you give any info on where it was obtained or from? Zero hits on the net. Jaylyne excellent info thanks. How are you rooting them? My thread, go off topic, maybe we can help.

Comment

Andrew,

All I am going to say is a bird flew it across a pond, hope you understand why.
          Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

I hope the bird can make many more flights! I have a bird that flies in from Ontario. A short flight as I'm 16 miles away from Ontario.
            As a matter of fact I was thinking of training the bird to fly to Adriano's and back.

Comment

Andrew Fignar... do you like Vikings?
              Ian

Really happy with what I have.

Comment

Originally posted by The Figster View Post
                Andrew Fignar... do you like Vikings?
                Well I don't hate them! I'm a Spartan fan, class of 81. Don't care much for Pro football. but I watch the Lions from time to time. MI is Michigan not MN. Missouri wanted MI too!

Comment

Working...
                X