X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Adriatic JH tree is several years old and it’s figs are very good but Bourjassotte Grise (slightly bigger) and the Strawberry Vertes are better. AJH is in a ground location with afternoon shade (perhaps influential) and one SV is also in the ground but gets full sun. The tastes are similar but SV ripens earlier. I forget the taste of the breba. Battaglia is also similar in taste. If you like the fruity flavor of this variety, you might want to grow AJH, SV, BG and Battaglia. Here they ripen at slightly different times so give more great figs over time.
    Here are the only notes I could find:
    September 18, 2015 -Adriatic JH –mild berry flavor, slight acid, skin thin and eatable, but nothing remarkable. Didn’t even taste that sweet after Pete’s Honey.
    November 20, 2015 – more fruit ripe. Strong berry flavor, good acidity and almost adequate sweetness. Of course, anything would taste sour compared to Pete’s Honey.
    Mara, Southern California,
    Climate Zone: 1990=9b 2012= 10a 2020=?

Comment

JH
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Fig-Doctor
        Fig-Doctor commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks very very nice!

Adriatic JH is one of the most productive green fig at my garden (Zone 10a). I stared growing this year February from cutting. Fruits are at almost every sing node. Very impressive performance.

Comment

Does anybody have some cuttings available please let me know! Thanks
        Zone 8a. Virginia

Comment

Thank you Ed
        Zone 8a. Virginia

Comment

I'm glad this post popped back up in the que. I've been trying to decide which fig to send to a friend that recently moved to Nacogdoches and was unsure of what varieties would be best suited there. I'm adding this one to my collection in Vegas this year and have an extra that sounds like it will work well in Nacogdoches as well! Any other suggestions for East TX would be appreciated as well.

Comment

• CliffH
            CliffH commented
            Editing a comment
            Any Green Ischia/Verte type figs, including the Adriatic JH, should do very well there. They have been grown successfully over much central and eastern Texas for decades.

A Mt Etna (like MBVS, HC), Smith, VdB, or any of the LSU figs should also do very well there.
        Working...
        X