X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Ebay just exploded.

I hope it's ok that I post this, but I just wanted give everyone a heads up that Wills posted 1... possibly 2 million cuttings for sale up on ebay today. The selection is so good I actually maxed out the number of bids that you're allowed to make. Anyway, good luck bidding everyone.

What is his ID on Ebay?
    Jennings, Southwest Louisiana, Zone 9a

Comment

Thanks.
    Jennings, Southwest Louisiana, Zone 9a

Comment

Lol. I posted half tonight.......second half tomorrow night. Fingers are tired and it is so freaking boring.
      Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

I think the ICON was great; Very clever! I got some bids going;
        WL: English Brown turkey, Improved celeste, Ishia Black, Cravens Craven, Fico Preto, CDD Roja, golden riverside, Violette de Sollies, White Madiera, I 258,

Comment

About time you got off your butt!
          My fig photos <> My fig cuttings (starts late January) <> My Youtube Videos

Comment

Wow! That list of varieties is tha bomb. That will be a payday for sure.
            Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

Some good stuff there!

Comment

For those bidding......Ebay removed a bunch of my listings, sorry. They did not like the fact I put the Ourfigs face book page url in the ads, I had no clue it was not allowed. The listings are now back up but they had to start over and all bids were removed, nothing I could do about that. Sorry for any confusion that caused.
                Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

• GregMartin
                  GregMartin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Totally weird Wills. You'd think that would be fine. More reasons to love eBay.

Wills, you have a lot of work ahead. The harvesting, packaging and labelling is even more mind numbingly boring than the listing part. Every penny that is made is well earned!
                So, having a gif of Ourfigs.com in place of text gets you past the eBay censors?
                Frank Tallahasee 8B
                North Florida Figs

Comment

Originally posted by FMD View Post
                  Wills, you have a lot of work ahead. The harvesting, packaging and labelling is even more mind numbingly boring than the listing part. Every penny that is made is well earned!
                  So, having a gif of Ourfigs.com in place of text gets you past the eBay censors?
                  Frank,

I agree on Ebay, I have a selling site purchased (Will NOT be on Ourfigs.com) and will transition to that site eventually if and when I ever come up with the time to set it up, don't hold your breath. Might even have a few trusted friends sell through it also if they want to.

Think Ebay customer service is is the Philippines? Definitely was not India, I had a heck of a time understanding them and being understood. They had a problem with Ourfigs.com mentioned in the ad and in the Gif.....they had a problem with my warning about the scammers, they had a problem with the facebook url.......After 45 minutes and transfers to two different supervisors and my explaining 300 times (felt like) that 90% of the fig ads on Ebay mention Ourfigs.com or f4f they finally said ourfigs.com could stay in the ad and Gif if I removed the scammer warning and the FB url. Why they have a problem with the scammer warning I don't know. So I reluctantly agreed.

Comment

They make a lot of money off of the scammers!!

That's why it's buyer beware.
                    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Scott,

You are right. I think we need a new thread mentioning to be careful of any listings originating in NY, PA and NJ except for known trusted folks.

Comment

I've had the scammer warning in hundreds of listings without problems and also some listings with my Facebook URL. Guess I got lucky. But I always had the figs in my listing image. Weird.
                        My fig photos <> My fig cuttings (starts late January) <> My Youtube Videos

Comment

Working...
                        X