X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some cuttings up on eBay

At the risk of being overly self-promoting, I listed some cuttings for sale on eBay, including some harder to come by varieties. I wasn't planning on selling on eBay this year, but some unexpected bills have come up. Hopefully I count as a trusted vendor .

http://www.ebay.com/sch/ampersan12/m...p2047675.l2562
    https://www.figbid.com/Listing/Browse?Seller=Kelby
    SE PA
    Zone 6

Go Kelby!!
    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Ship to CA!

Comment

Good luck.
        Bill - Long Island, NY 7a
        Wish List: Glacia Negra and any fig from Bari.

Comment

What the heck - no CA?
          Fig & Blackberry Farmer in Sunol, CA.

Comment

• Kelby
            Kelby commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't believe it is legal, sorry. I have seen the comments from people saying it is, but I have also seen many official rules saying it's not.

• Kelby
            Kelby commented
            Editing a comment
            I stand corrected, sorry! I updated my listings to reflect that. My mistake.

Good luck with your sales!!
          Alpine, Texas 4500ft elevation Zone 7
          http://growingfruit.org/

Comment

If it ain't soil money its child money!
            Rafael
            Zone 10b, Miami, FL

Comment

• Kelby
              Kelby commented
              Editing a comment
              Amen!

Kelby,

You can ship to CA no worries.
            Cutting sales start Nov 1 at 9PM eastern time as always at willsfigs.com

Comment

• Kelby
              Kelby commented
              Editing a comment
              Well ok then!

• COGardener
              COGardener commented
              Editing a comment
              Cali is back on the map!!!

It's totally illegal to ship any plant material to CA or WA or the whole East Coast and definitely not CO. In fact, I think it's illegal to ship the ultra high quality fig plants and cuttings to anywhere but KC, MO. I know St Louis forbids it.
            Bob C.
            Kansas City, MO Z6

Comment

• COGardener
              COGardener commented
              Editing a comment
              I see it Bob

• Kelby
              Kelby commented
              Editing a comment
              When you make a post your signature is not visible to you until the page refreshes. No clue why. I blame Hershell, too.

• Harborseal
              Harborseal commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks! Too bad I can't 'like' comments.

All the cuttings I bought from Kelby this past fall have rooted well.

Which Atreano do you have? I know there are 3 or 4 different ones floating around.
            Kevin (Eastern MA - Zone 5b/6a)

Comment

• Kelby
              Kelby commented
              Editing a comment
              I believe it's the 'real' one. Fruit and leaves match pics of it. Incredibly vigorous.

Two thumbs up for Kelby's cuttings.
            Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra, Rubado

Comment

Yay Kelby!! I can also vouch for the quality of your cuttings.. Every one of them (to include Malta Black, Bari, & Black Beth) have not only rooted but taken off quite nicely.. Especially the Malta Black, WOWEE! In fact I need spring ASAP just to accomodate that one because it is taking over the joint & hogging all the light lol! I immediately placed some bids on the Laderek & Sweet George but was promptly booted out of the winning spot ;( You've got some nice varieties up thats for sure!
              My Plant Inventory: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...HZcBjcsxMwQ7iY

Rooted Cuttings Available 2021:
              https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...fxsT1DuH8/edit

Comment

Good luck kelby ! I am sure you will do well!
                Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
                1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
                2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

lil figgy bidding. keeping crayons crossed.

Comment

Anything and everything I have gotten from Kelby is top notch, you will kick yourself if you miss out on this opportunity.
                    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

After debating for many days and not wanting to kick myself for missing out, I finally bid.

Good Luck everyone.

Comment

• fitzski
                        fitzski commented
                        Editing a comment
                        And someone out bid me already .

Time to look under the couch cushions and under the car seats.

Be sure to pull out the back seat too.

Comment

• fitzski
                        fitzski commented
                        Editing a comment
                        will do

I'm going to look for some more loose floorboards in the attic.

I just have a feeling the old guy who lived in in my house before me left something up there.

• COGardener
                        COGardener commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That's a great idea Kevin!

There is always change in parking lots.

Maybe make a cardboard sign and panhandle for a couple hours.

"Need money for fig cuttings"
                        "Please help"
                        "Anything is appreciated "

A couple are really starting to take off Kelby, congrats!

Comment

• fitzski
                        fitzski commented
                        Editing a comment
                        yes someone really wants the laradek and nexoe. too rich for me though.

Harvey has the laradek too and wills sold a set of 3 nexoe cheaper.

Here is a picture of one the Black Bethlehem cuttings I received from Kelby back in November.

I started this one in Dec in my cool basement with no bottom heat and low humidity.

Attached Files

Comment

Looks great Kevin!

Comment

• fitzski
                          fitzski commented
                          Editing a comment
                          thanks, Scott. Less than optimal conditions (low humidity, low heat (60's)) and this little guy is doing extremely well.

I have another Black Bethlehem that I started in a rooting bin that is doing well too but not as good as this one.

• COGardener
                          COGardener commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I need to get a Black Beth as well..... HMMM

Kelby's auctions are nearing their end.... Some great stuff there.

Comment

I bought RDB from him during his November sale, along with a bunch of free Bari cuttings he threw in. So far everything he sent is doing great. Top notch cuttings for sure. I wouldn't hesitate buying from him again.

Comment

I'm hoping to taste both of those this year!! I had to remove fruit from the both late last year so there is a high probability.

Comment

I saw a bunch of familiar names from forum members bidding, thanks everyone! I have some more listed now.
                              https://www.figbid.com/Listing/Browse?Seller=Kelby
                              SE PA
                              Zone 6

Comment

Working...
                              X