X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saying hello!

Hi everyone! A member of the figs4funforum suggested I check out this forum as well for more information on growing figs and to interact with more fig lovers! I've never grown figs from cuttings before so I'm excited to see how it works out for me! I'm a college student who will be graduating this year and have a huge passion for gardening. I'm currently located in 7b, NC. I was really lucky enough to have met some awesome and extremely kind people who helped me to start my cutting collection so I'm sure you'll be hearing a lot more from me as I start my journey in this process and am met with bumps in the road.

For anyone who is in my zone or in NC I'd love to hear from you as to what your favorite figs are and what has worked/not worked for you with your fig propagation process.

Looking forward to interacting with everyone!

Wishlist:
    • Ronde de Bourdeaux
    • Black Madeira
    • Gino's
    • VdB
    • Golden Atreano
    • Green Greek
    • Scilian Black
    • Celeste
    • Texas Everbearing
    Last edited by inkinbrushes; 02-03-2016, 09:46 PM.

Welcome to OurFigs!
    Johnny
    Stuff I grow: Google Doc

Comment

Welcome
      Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

Welcome! This is a great place and great people. Enjoy your time here!
        Bryant...Franklin County, VA...Zone 7a. Wish List: a 32 hour day....more sleep

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
          Don - OH Zone 6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Bordissot Blanca Negra, Rubado

Comment

Welcome
            New Bern NC Zone 8a ,Wish list : Col de Dame Rimada ,Galica Negra

Comment

Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome!

Comment

Welcome! You were interested in blueberries too, weren't you? Check out the blueberry part of the forum.
                Sarah
                Bay Area, CA (zone: 9B)

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Welcome to you new home
                    Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
                    1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy πŸ‘ΌπŸΌ.
                    2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

Welcome to the forum, and have fun!

Comment

Hi and welcome from a fellow newbie!
                        Zone 7a in Virginia

Comment

Welcome, you will find it all here.
                          Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

β€œThough the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Welcome to the group!
                            Rafael
                            Zone 10b, Miami, FL

Comment

Welcome to the forum
                              Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

Welcome! Best of luck with all of your growing.
                                Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Comment

Welcome to the group, glad to have another member!
                                  May the Figs be with you!
                                  ​​​​​

Comment

Welcome to your forum.
                                    Wish List: πŸ™πŸΌ Mavra Sika

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

Don't forget to share pictures of your figlets
                                      Kevin (Eastern MA - Zone 5b/6a)

Comment

Hey to another newbie, inkinbrushes, nice to see you here also. I see Texas Everbearing is on your list. I have tons of that one. Very prolific grower for me along with the IBT here in zone 8. Let me know if I can help you out with those. Happy figging. Jodi
                                        Newbie to figs. Wishes for your favorite fig. Zone 8, Camp Verde AZ

Comment

Good that you found us Tons of nice people here with everybody aiding and abetting the FSD that is Fig Sickness Disease. Apparently there is not a cure and it spreads rapidly by unknown carrier. Common signs are almost uncontrolable desire to buy and collect fig trees, share knowledge and best of all eating Figs. Welcome to the group.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzski View Post
                                            Welcome to the forum.

Don't forget to share pictures of your figlets
                                            I know fitzski thanks for asking. I am just technologically challenged at how to do that. I can tell you they are a vivid shade of new growth green. Working on my skills with the figs and the forum posts. More soon...;-)

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n68664[/ATTACH] Oh wow maybe I got it...
                                              this my friend Daisy's IBT that I help her with pruning, harvesting, eating and selling a bazillion figs at three weekly farmer's markets. It is a wonderful tree and she is an amazing gardener.
                                              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
                                              Last edited by Jodi; 02-06-2016, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Welcome
                                                Kentucky Zone 6b

Comment

This born in NC girl welcomes you to the party!!!! Glad to have you hear.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X