X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show your favorite growing tree.... "Must be alive and yours"

Let's see it... Your baby... Your belle ... Your Bello.... Your "I don't care what happen to rest as long as tis one alive " tree.... And tell us why is you favorite if you like..... Mine will be "so far" my....... I wait to see what you post.... πŸ˜‰
    Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
    1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy πŸ‘ΌπŸΌ.
    2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Here's mine "BelleClare Italian Everbearing Sport" It came from a Farmer in Connecticut who grew Fig trees and Lemon trees mainly and this was his pride and joy tree I gave him a call 2 years ago to see what new trees he had and his wife told me he had passed away and told me to take a ride over and what ever trees that were there I could have and this was one of them it was at the end of the season and it was bone dry she said no one took care of it all summer the only watering it got was rain water well to make a long story short I pulled it out of the giant pot it was in and cut off most of the soil took it home babied it for a few months and brought it back to life it just keeps getting better and better every year This tree was featured in Martha's Stewarts video when she took a trip to BelleClare Nursery
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01968.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	243.2 KB
ID:	68406

Name:	IMG_1005.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	68407

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Size:	239.5 KB
ID:	68408

Last edited by Dave; 02-05-2016, 03:25 PM.
    Wish List -

Comment

• mountainfigs
      mountainfigs commented
      Editing a comment
      Great story. Great looking fig.

• GregMartin
      GregMartin commented
      Editing a comment
      Really love those green doors Dave!

• COGardener
      COGardener commented
      Editing a comment
      That is quite the story and a beautiful tree and fig Dave. I'm very happy you shared it with us.

I'm sure many of us would be honored to have the privilege to grow your favorite tree as well.

If ever you have cuttings.

Great post!
      Last edited by COGardener; 02-05-2016, 10:21 PM.

Waow! That looks wonderful!

Comment

This is not my favorite tree (though it's one of my favorites), don't have a favorite at this point, nor would I want to do without the vast majority of the other trees, but this is probably the best tree photo I have on hand - a Mongibello / Mt Etna type in circulation as Zingarella. If you look closely you can see a 6 foot tall bamboo pole in there for support and a horizontally placed yardstick for perspective.
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
      Tony WV 6b
      https://mountainfigs.net/

Comment

• mountainfigs
        mountainfigs commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, Dave. Got lots of figs last year on this tree. It set at least 100 figs and ripened about 50, mid August to mid October frost. 10 gallon pot, holes drilled in side near bottom, sun till about 3-4 p.m.

• Taverna78
        Taverna78 commented
        Editing a comment
        You are use lime??

• mountainfigs
        mountainfigs commented
        Editing a comment
        In pot, yes (not in ground), because of the would-be acidic nature of my potting mix, which is mainly bark mulch, plus a little peat moss, with some compost. I try to use just enough lime to keep the soil and leaves smelling sweet, not sour.

Also some helpful tips from the video! Grazie to post!

Comment

For me my favorite at the moment is this little guy.....

Name:	rds.jpg
Size:	186.6 KB
ID:	68418
        Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

• Dave
          Dave commented
          Editing a comment
          What variety is it Will?

• WillsC
          WillsC commented
          Editing a comment
          Riggato Del Salento

• Taverna78
          Taverna78 commented
          Editing a comment
          Damn I was to guess 660 lbs and 229 screw.... But again I also no good to guess... Just ask too many question ahahaha!

I am jealous cugino

You have tree grown outside now?????😱
        What is tis tree type? Or you ganna turn into guessing game like screw and coir ahahahaha!!

Comment

Originally posted by Taverna78 View Post
          You have tree grown outside now?????😱
          What is tis tree type? Or you ganna turn into guessing game like screw and coir ahahahaha!!

Yep I just took the pic today to send to a friend.It was just budding out when we had our freeze so it was spared that.
          Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

You so luck to have tis weather! Some day Cugino.... Some day I will have also.....

Comment

Tis mine... Is One of 3 Zio tree he bring me. Is amaze roots and I no kill I am surprise AHahahah!

Is Rig... He tell me more stone. No much
              Soils... Tree Italia grown in maybe 10% soil. Rest stone, clay and sands...
              Attached Files

Comment

• COGardener
                COGardener commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks great Mike! !!

So by doing in video with pots and holes... This allow fresh air breathe but also air prune roots so no get root bound? Although must water a bit more would Benifit rather cover for winter rather bring inside protection.

Comment

This is one of my favorite trees, a Celeste started from an old family tree. I was picking figs and my son came by. I call to him and said "take my picture. " Can you see me?
                Jennings, Southwest Louisiana, Zone 9a

Comment

• Dave
                  Dave commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Now thats a fig tree Nice

• Wisner
                  Wisner commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Dave.

Belle tree! You are engulfed in tree ahahaha right in middle! Is like where Waldo AHahahah!

Comment

Originally posted by Taverna78 View Post
                  Belle tree! You are engulfed in tree ahahaha right in middle! Is like where Waldo AHahahah!
                  You got it.
                  Jennings, Southwest Louisiana, Zone 9a

Comment

So far, this Bryant Dark that was gifted to me is my favorite. She arrived bare root and dormant in November, but woke up in late December. After trying and failing to get her to go back to sleep, I've given her as much light as she wants and she's growing like a weed. I think I probably need to up pot her to a 5 or 10 gallon since the pot she's in was only intended to be sleeping quarters for the winter.
                    Bryant...Franklin County, VA...Zone 7a. Wish List: a 32 hour day....more sleep

Comment

There are some monsters around town. Some of them must be 30-40 feet tall. I'll see if I can get some pictures...winter won't do them justice, of course, but they're still pretty. Can't say any are my favorite, but I appreciate them all the same. Hopefully folks don't think I'm creepy for taking pictures!
                      Brett in Athens, GA zone 7b/8a

Comment

No no no Amico... Unless you own entire town is no you tree.... Must be you own tree and at least close you favorite... capsie ?

Comment

Working...
                        X