X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do or should all fig tree be reaching?

I hear if fig leaf reach towards light is health and happy. Most my 1gal and one of 2 3gal potted trees reaching. One is not but look good I think..... If yes what am I do wrong to tis tree that others are likening? The one is no reach very expense tree and I want to keep and stay happy. Zoom photo....
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
    Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
    1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
    2) This weeks ebay auctions.

I known... I known...... I worry too much..... My mentor tell me tis a lot ahahaha!

Comment

Mike I only one issue with your trees.... And that is that they are not in my garage!!!

They are fine!
      Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Grazie Amico!

Comment

Your set up looks great... The only time my leaves stop reaching for the lights is when I need to give them some water. Some happy trees there.
          Iowa Z5

Comment

What a great set up you have Mike! Your trees look great! I have had this question in my mind too though lately.. Why do some appear to be reaching & others seem more content? I would like to know this too.. I've heard what you said, that when they reach they are healthy.. Also heard that when they reach that it means they are starving for more light & aren't getting enough.. So I don't know what is the right answer on that one.. Seems to me like yhe ones that are reaching want to grow faster, like maybe they are on a growth spurt & want more light, where maybe the ones that dont reach are working on their roots and not putting their energy in top growth at the moment? I don't know though, just my newbie theory anyway 😁
            My Plant Inventory: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...HZcBjcsxMwQ7iY

Rooted Cuttings Available 2021:
            https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...fxsT1DuH8/edit

Comment

Both make sense... I check moisture in pit with meter and says is correctly watered and the lights are respectfully close to them so I don't known. Maybe is just how tis tree growns...

Comment

And you worry to much. ....
                Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

I known 🙄

Comment

Most of us do. 😉

Comment

It's that difference between worry and action that kills most young trees.
                      Bryant...Franklin County, VA...Zone 7a. Wish List: a 32 hour day....more sleep

Comment

Sì. My problem is more mental think vs actually touching or disturbing. I learn valuable lessons from WillsC and now I just leave alone and no to worry too much. I just continue on do what he say and everytings good. I just curious if all tree reach/stretch out.

Comment

Working...
                        X